Spaces in drive pools and datasets

Pegleg

Cadet
Hi new to Truenas and Freebsd in general. I have recently set up a new installation of Truenas, thought I followed all the advice from here and elsewhere and cannot for the life of me get the jails (emby server, plex ) to recognise any folders or files in the datasets in my drive pools. I can configure a network drive in windows 10 pro pc connected to the network using (smb) which indicates I should have the permissions set up properly but I cannot populate either plugin with music movies etc. I plan to host my own cloud for a small business using nextcloud and generally use this as a network appliance for data storage adding more drives as I get this working.
It is built out of a lenovo idea centre 510 4 core AMD cpu 3.4ghz 16gb ram, running a 256g ssd (boot-pool) and 2t hdds in raid 1 and an intel dual server Nic setup as Lag (LACP) connected to a Tp-link omada network that all seems to work well. I can access the mange pages etc so it doesn't appear to be a networking issue. My question is when setting up the 2tb drives I named it (Batti Drive 1) as this was the same as my original windows setup. Could this be the cause as to why my jails do not recognise any datasets in my drive pool. I have named the datasets on the drive obvious things like Music, Videos, documents, backup etc. and have mount points that point to those data sets in each plugin. Before I start over and change this drive completely am I on the right track???

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-08 191258.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-08 191258.png
    59 KB · Views: 148

sretalla