Sonarr and radarr plugin's web gui is not accessible but both can be pinged

darrenbest

Dabbler
Yeah, if Radarr is broken then the service probably isn't started.
Perhaps. I just installed the plugin through the TrueNAS GUI, and was unable to get any response from the plugin GUIs (same as the OP).
Sounds like the .txz file was not copied (or not accessible) to the /tmp/ path within the jail. How did you copy the file to that location?
I downloaded it via my Windows PC, then FTP'ed it (via FileZilla) directly to the jail's tmp/ directory. Would that cause permissions issues?
(EDIT: ah nuts, I copied it to the *sonarr* jail, not the radarr jail! I'll be back shortly!)

darrenbest

Dabbler
(EDIT: ah nuts, I copied it to the *sonarr* jail, not the radarr jail! I'll be back shortly!)
All right, after correcting that dumb mistake ...

SUCCESS! Although I did have to reverse @altonius ' steps 4 and 5 (same as @bvektor , thank you!), and then repeating the same steps in the 2nd plugin jail, the web GUI for both radarr and sonarr are now working correctly. Thank you very much for figuring this out for us!

(Just curious, but has this been submitted somewhere as a bug to be fixed? If not, how does one do this?)

altonius

Dabbler
Good work @darrenbest,
I've updated the original suggestion to flag that step 4 and 5 might be better swapped.
I think the error is a FreeBSD error, packaging error vs a TrueNAS issue, so not 100% sure on how to flag it.

Dellyjoe

Explorer
I upgraded my version of mono to 6.8.0.105 in my Jail and that allowed me to keep it working (per https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/g9cr1r/how_to_install_sonarr_v3_on_freenas/)

Short version to:
  1. Download from mono 6.8.0.105 from https://www.truenas.com/community/t...0-to-5-20-in-a-freenas-jail.78871/post-573573
  2. Copy to mono-6.8.0.105.txz /tmp/ within jail
  3. Stop radarr from freenas server - iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
  4. install mono package from freenas server - iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz (some people have found better results by doing step 5 before this)
  5. install libiconv pacakge from freenas server prompt - iocage exec radarr pkg install libiconv
Edit: Added commentary to step 4 based on other's experience.
Thank you alot altonius !! I just completed this and it ended up working.

I noticed my plex and sabnzbd severs don't have adman portals anymore, could this be related?

altonius

Dabbler
Thank you alot altonius !! I just completed this and it ended up working.

I noticed my plex and sabnzbd severs don't have adman portals anymore, could this be related?
I don't beleive that they use Mono so don't think they're related.

fulder

Cadet
The mono dependent plugins (including sonarr, radarr, lidarr) have been recently (18/03) updated from EoL 12.1 jail version to 12.2 and should hopefully work better to install after this.

Related backport PR in plugin index github repository: https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/pull/195

gt2416

Patron
Jackett also has the same issue,
you can install mono6.8 from pkg, dont have to download it manually. Make sure to install sonarr, radarr and/or jackett first, then lock them with 'pkg lock radarr'. After that you can pkg install mono6.8 and start all the services.

Stingray88

Dabbler
I just updated my Radarr plugin today via the TrueNAS plugin GUI and have run into the same issue as you all... the service will no longer run.
I upgraded my version of mono to 6.8.0.105 in my Jail and that allowed me to keep it working (per https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/g9cr1r/how_to_install_sonarr_v3_on_freenas/)

Short version to:
  1. Download from mono 6.8.0.105 from https://www.truenas.com/community/t...0-to-5-20-in-a-freenas-jail.78871/post-573573
  2. Copy to mono-6.8.0.105.txz /tmp/ within jail
  3. Stop radarr from freenas server - iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
  4. install mono package from freenas server - iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz (some people have found better results by doing step 5 before this)
  5. install libiconv pacakge from freenas server prompt - iocage exec radarr pkg install libiconv
Edit: Added commentary to step 4 based on other's experience.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have any luck with the above advice... Mono-6.8.0.123 is installed, however when I go to start the Radarr service I don't get any errors but the service does not start for me.

Anyone have advice on what I should try next?

Stingray88

Dabbler
Jackett also has the same issue,
you can install mono6.8 from pkg, dont have to download it manually. Make sure to install sonarr, radarr and/or jackett first, then lock them with 'pkg lock radarr'. After that you can pkg install mono6.8 and start all the services.

Interestingly I just updated the Jackett plugin without any issues right before I ran into issues with the Radarr update... Does that mean the Jackett plugin maintainer has already fixed the issue? Any hope for the Radarr plugin to be fixed soon too?

FrankNAS

Contributor
plugins just pull from ports: https://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/radarr/
its up to date if you (or plugins) are pulling from latest.
the *arr programs running under daemon can have issues if daemon starts them as root. I package and build them to use daemon but the ports maintainer does not.

you can try removing any/all PID files that are created from service and see if that resolves the non-starting issue.
if its not starting due to missing/wrong symbol version errors...well, you need to make sure you are running 11.4 or 12.2 freebsd jail as others are EOL'd

PS. nightly radarr now uses dotnet5. no more reliance on mono!
PPS. mono5.20 is your best bet for the most stable mono experience.

Stingray88

Dabbler
plugins just pull from ports: https://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/radarr/
its up to date if you (or plugins) are pulling from latest.
the *arr programs running under daemon can have issues if daemon starts them as root. I package and build them to use daemon but the ports maintainer does not.

you can try removing any/all PID files that are created from service and see if that resolves the non-starting issue.
if its not starting due to missing/wrong symbol version errors...well, you need to make sure you are running 11.4 or 12.2 freebsd jail as others are EOL'd

PS. nightly radarr now uses dotnet5. no more reliance on mono!
PPS. mono5.20 is your best bet for the most stable mono experience.

Well I guess an easy place to start is the FreeBSD jail, which is currently running 12.1-RELEASE-p13. However when I click the update button and check the option to also update the jail it says there's no updates.

How can I update my jail to 12.2? I'm assuming there's a command I can run in terminal?

FrankNAS

Contributor
Well I guess an easy place to start is the FreeBSD jail, which is currently running 12.1-RELEASE-p13. However when I click the update button and check the option to also update the jail it says there's no updates.

How can I update my jail to 12.2? I'm assuming there's a command I can run in terminal?
I assume you determined that it was a symbol issue? if yes:
`iocage upgrade JAILNAMEGOESHERE -r 12.2-RELEASE`

it will take a very very long time. add three more "very" if you have the full ports tree and eight more "very" if you have full src tree.
oh, and it requires user interaction a few times including it exhaustively listing line-by-line of number of different things that will be getting upgraded (most of the time an `end` key + `y` is the quickest)

making a new jail and transferring over settings is quicker most of the time

Stingray88

Dabbler
I assume you determined that it was a symbol issue? if yes:
`iocage upgrade JAILNAMEGOESHERE -r 12.2-RELEASE`

it will take a very very long time. add three more "very" if you have the full ports tree and eight more "very" if you have full src tree.
oh, and it requires user interaction a few times including it exhaustively listing line-by-line of number of different things that will be getting upgraded (most of the time an `end` key + `y` is the quickest)

making a new jail and transferring over settings is quicker most of the time

No I haven't been able to determine the issue because its not giving feedback on why it won't start... I just assumed that was the easiest place to start.

Beginning to think starting from scratch with a new plugin install and restoring my backup is the way to go as you suggest... Now I just have to figure out permissions again haha. The old advice I used to use from 2015 doesn't seem to work anymore. Solution 2 is generally what I followed before, but
/var/db/radarr doesn't exist, and I'm not sure where the new data directory is.

FrankNAS

Contributor
most of the *arr programs like to fight the pkg installer on permissions (aka they like being the owner:group of their own location).
This is great if you want to use the built in installer but is terrible for package consistency.

to find out where you have things setup you can, from inside the jail, `sysrc -a` your radarr settings will be named as such.
inside the jail you can try `mono /usr/local/share/Radarr.exe --nobrowser --data=/PATH/TO/SETTINGS` and that should give you a good idea why its failing

slimslider

Cadet
I just wanted to add that I had the same issue and resolved it simply by upgrading the jail.

iocage fetch

to get the latest release, then

iocage upgrade <jailname> -r 12.2-RELEASE