Sonarr and radarr plugin's web gui is not accessible but both can be pinged

megyeri

Cadet
Hi everyone,
I installed the sonar and radar plugin on TrueNAS-12.0-U2, but the web interface is not available to either. Error message from all browsers: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. All other installed plugins work perfectly.
Can someone help me?
Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

megyeri

Cadet
Thanks for the reply!
The port is correct, but the service is not running. I dont know how to start this service. can you help me with that?

Code:
Edit /etc/motd to change this login announcement.
root@sonarr:~ # service sonarr status
sonarr is not running.
root@sonarr:~ # service sonarr start
Starting sonarr.
root@sonarr:~ # service sonarr status
sonarr is not running.
root@sonarr:~ #

iocage\jails\sonarr\root\usr\local\etc\rc.d\sonarr:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Author: Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
#
# $FreeBSD: head/net-p2p/sonarr/files/sonarr.in 454856 2017-11-24 23:17:50Z dbaio $
#

# PROVIDE: sonarr
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown

# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf to enable sonarr:
# sonarr_enable="YES"

. /etc/rc.subr

name="sonarr"
rcvar=sonarr_enable

load_rc_config $name

: ${sonarr_enable="YES"}
: ${sonarr_user:="root"}
: ${sonarr_data_dir:="/usr/local/sonarr"}

pidfile="${sonarr_data_dir}/nzbdrone.pid"
procname="/usr/local/bin/mono"
command="/usr/sbin/daemon"
command_args="-f ${procname} /usr/local/share/sonarr/NzbDrone.exe --nobrowser --data=${sonarr_data_dir}"
start_precmd=sonarr_precmd

sonarr_precmd()
{
    export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=${sonarr_data_dir}

if [ ! -d ${sonarr_data_dir} ]; then
        install -d -o ${sonarr_user} ${sonarr_data_dir}
    fi
}

run_rc_command "$1"

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
So according to the rc.d script you should be able to run this command:
/usr/local/bin/mono /usr/local/share/sonarr/NzbDrone.exe --nobrowser --data=/usr/local/sonarr

Does it allow you to run? if not, you should see some more information to work with.

megyeri

Cadet
when i ran this command, i got this error message:
Code:
Edit /etc/motd to change this login announcement.
root@sonarr:~ # /usr/local/bin/mono /usr/local/share/sonarr/NzbDrone.exe --nobrowser --data=/usr/local/sonarr
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/mono: Undefined symbol "pthread_setname_np@FBSD_1.6"
root@sonarr:~ #

gh0s1

Cadet
I'm getting the exact same issues and missing symbol error on my system. This started when I upgrade my radarr jail less than a week ago while checking for plugin updates. My sonarr plugin jail is fine but I didn't try to update that jail. This indicates to me that that there is a library update which was caused a breaking change.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
when i ran this command, i got this error message:
Can you do a pkg update && pkg upgrade in the jail... maybe the plugin hasn't fixed the dependencies for 12 properly.

above&beyond

Cadet
I also just upgraded to TrueNAS-12.0-U2. I can't access Sonarr or Radarr through the webui even though both plugins and jail show they are running. I receive an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error message in Google Chrome. Deleting the plugins and installing from scratch yields the same result.

DHCP, VNET and Berkely Packet Filter are enabled. NAT is disabled.

zazzman911

Cadet
I am having the same issue. Fresh install of TrueNAS-12.0-U2. Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr seem to install correctly. The jail IP's are pingable but telnet to the ip/port fails with a "connection refused". Access the admin page also fails with a connection refused.

megyeri

Cadet
I try the package update and upgrade. It ran perfectly, but not solved the problem.

zazzman911

Cadet
I quickly installed TrueNAS-12.0-U1 and the plugins appear to be broken as well. Same behaviour as TrueNAS-12.0-U2, they install fine but connections are refused at the admin page. Service status shows the plugins as not running.

garfunkel

Dabbler
I have the same problem.

If I try and start the sonarr plugin manually through SSH inside the jail I receive the error.

ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/mono: Undefined symbol "pthread_setname_np@FBSD_1.6"

I have been unable to resolve this so far.

zazzman911

Cadet
Curious if anyone has had success by creating an jail and manually installing the respective pkg's?

altonius

Dabbler
I upgraded my version of mono to 6.8.0.105 in my Jail and that allowed me to keep it working (per https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/g9cr1r/how_to_install_sonarr_v3_on_freenas/)

Short version to:
  1. Download from mono 6.8.0.105 from https://www.truenas.com/community/t...0-to-5-20-in-a-freenas-jail.78871/post-573573
  2. Copy to mono-6.8.0.105.txz /tmp/ within jail
  3. Stop radarr from freenas server - iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
  4. install mono package from freenas server - iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz (some people have found better results by doing step 5 before this)
  5. install libiconv pacakge from freenas server prompt - iocage exec radarr pkg install libiconv
Edit: Added commentary to step 4 based on other's experience.

Last edited:

darrenbest

Dabbler
I upgraded my version of mono to 6.8.0.105 in my Jail and that allowed me to keep it working (per https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/g9cr1r/how_to_install_sonarr_v3_on_freenas/)

Short version to:
  1. Download from mono 6.8.0.105 from https://www.truenas.com/community/t...0-to-5-20-in-a-freenas-jail.78871/post-573573
  2. Copy to mono-6.8.0.105.txz /tmp/ within jail
  3. Stop radarr from freenas server - iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
  4. install mono package from freenas server - iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz
  5. install libiconv pacakge from freenas server prompt - iocage exec radarr pkg install libiconv
Before I do this (and I'm a noob),
  1. just wanting to verify that you did this on the same version as me (TrueNAS 12.0-U2)?
  2. did you try the same process with sonarr (if not, would you expect it to be similarly successful)?

altonius

Dabbler
Before I do this (and I'm a noob),
  1. just wanting to verify that you did this on the same version as me (TrueNAS 12.0-U2)?
  2. did you try the same process with sonarr (if not, would you expect it to be similarly successful)?

1. I did this on TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1
2. i'd imagine it'll be the same for Sonarr (at the moment my Sonarr is working, so ain't touching it).

bvektor

Cadet
Thank you for the solution altonius!

I've just installed TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1 on a new box (using FreeNAS on other machine), installed the Sonarr/Radarr plugin and had the same problem.
After reinstalling the plugins I've noticed that the install wasn't that successfull.
Code:
Install Notes:
sonarr_enable: -> YES
sonarr_enable: -> YES
chmod: /usr/local/sonarr: No such file or directory
Starting sonarr.
chmod: /usr/local/sonarr: No such file or directory
Admin Portal:
http://IP:8989

I've followed your steps, but got an error from the mono install ' ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libiconv.so.2" not found, required by "mono" ', so switched step 4 and 5, and Sonarr is working just fine! Haven't tried Radarr yet but I reckon it will be the same.

darrenbest

Dabbler
First two steps, no issues.
Stop radarr from freenas server - iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
I ran into a speedbump here, Googling is not coming up with anything useful to me.
Code:
root@truenas[/]# iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
radarr not running? (check usr/local/radarr/nzbdrone.pid).
Command: service radarr stop failed!
(FYI, the jail's usr/local/radarr directory is empty)

Just for fun, I thought I'd try the next step:
Install mono package from freenas server - iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz
Code:
root@truenas[/]# iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz
Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...
iocage-plugins repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching '/tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz' have been found in the repositories
Command: pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz failed!

Any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

altonius

Dabbler
First two steps, no issues.

I ran into a speedbump here, Googling is not coming up with anything useful to me.
Code:
root@truenas[/]# iocage exec radarr service radarr stop
radarr not running? (check usr/local/radarr/nzbdrone.pid).
Command: service radarr stop failed!
(FYI, the jail's usr/local/radarr directory is empty)

Just for fun, I thought I'd try the next step:

Code:
root@truenas[/]# iocage exec radarr pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz
Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...
iocage-plugins repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching '/tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz' have been found in the repositories
Command: pkg install /tmp/mono-6.8.0.105.txz failed!

Any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if Radarr is broken then the service probably isn't started.

Sounds like the .txz file was not copied (or not accessible) to the /tmp/ path within the jail. How did you copy the file to that location?