SOLVED SOLVED

ericg75

Explorer
Hello-

I currently have a TrueNAS 12.0-U7 server up and running (truenas.local)...on it I have an SMB share (/mnt/poolONE/ds1).
I also have other linux PC's operating on the same LAN.
I would like to access the TrueNAS share on my Linux PC's.
That is what I am trying to do.
I have attempted to use CIFS and NFS utilities with NO JOY.
Seems like a simple thing to me (?) After all they are both Linux-based operating systems- aren't they?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Tony-1971

Contributor
Hello,

For example my configuration:
Code:
$ grep Movie /etc/fstab
//freenas-emx.localdomain/Movie       /mnt/fn10-t20/Movie    cifs    defaults,auto,_netdev,credentials=/root/bin/solpwd,uid=1000,gid=1000    0 0

You must change freenas-emx.localdomain to your NAS IP address, Movie with the name of your share and /mnt/fn10-t20/Movie with your linux mount point.
The file credentials=/root/bin/solpwd contains username and password to access share and the format is the following:
Code:
# cat /root/bin/solpwd
username=<user>
password=<pass>
domain=<domain>

(maybe domain is not needed).
This example is from Fedora but I don't think that debian is very different.

Best Regards,
Antonio

ericg75

Explorer
I did not realize that NFS was native on both machines. Can you shed a light on getting this set up using NFS?

ericg75

Explorer
This can be closed-out/resolved now.... Please tell me how to do that.

Redcoat

MVP
Please tell me how to do that.
Top right hand corner of the post thread - find the three dots and use the edit option to put "SOLVED" in your Subject Line :

1644321153276.png

Last edited:

PiepsC

Cadet
Probably shouldn't change the title to solved entirely, for archiving reasons or when other users happen to stumble upon this with a similar issue

Redcoat

MVP
Probably shouldn't change the title to solved entirely, for archiving reasons or when other users happen to stumble upon this with a similar issue
Right! @ericg75 please go back in and edit your subject to put back in the original text...