Issue with 12.0 U7/U8 and SMB share mount permissions

SSS67

Cadet
Hello,

I've got a file server running TrueNAS 12.0 U6 just swimmingly at my work, love it.
We also have an old Fedora 14 Linux server (can't be upgraded for legacy reasons) mounting one of the SMB shares from the file server using fstab.

I've previously upgraded the file server from FreeNas 11 through to TrueNas 12.0 up to 12.0-U6 without issues previously. However, upgrading to U7 or U8 causes an issue with the mount on the Fedora box.

Currently, the share mounts with full read/write permissions (777). But after upgrading to U7 or U8 the share no longer mounts with full permissions, write permissions go missing and the share shows as having permissions like 755, and the share can't be written to by regular users on the system, but root could still write to it.

Is there an incompatibility between 12.0 U7+ and older Linux OS's? (FC 14 in this case)

Did a permission or option get added to SMB sharing in U7 that I need to alter to fix this issue?

Nothing on the Linux box has changed and previous TrueNAS upgrades have been fine, but applying U7 or U8 causes the issue, so I'm staying on U6 for now.

Rather hoping I can keep updating TrueNAS into the future.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

SSS67

Cadet
Thanks anodos.
The line in the fstab file for this share is:
Code:
//10.0.0.1/share /mnt/share cifs auto,username=user,password=pass 0 0

The share in TrueNAS is set up to allow guest access, user/pass is specified in fstab I think because fstab requires it. Not sure. It's been a long time since I set it up.
It hasn't been an issue up to now.