Socket issue in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

verinas

Dabbler
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone is able to solve this issue. I have a jail with transmission and it's trying to open sockets; however, I keep getting this error:
Apr 25 19:33:31 transmission_1 transmission-daemon[41712]: Couldn't connect socket 28 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, port 51413 (errno 13 - Permission denied) (net.c:290)

Any ideas what may be causing this? It's the last issue I've been unable to resolve. It appears in the logs every few seconds while the jail is running.

I don't think it's plugin related maybe something to do with the networking setup in the jail or maybe the uid transmission is running in (it's part of wheel and has sudo) but that didn't help.

Thanks for the help.

verinas

Dabbler
Do you have VIMAGE enabled or disabled for this jail?
Yes. Transmission is installed as a plugin and the default install appears to have enabled this.

The problem seems to be whatever is trying to open the socket doesn't have permission to do so. However since I'm not too familar with this I'm unsure how to resolve it. Transmission runs as PID "media" so I gave media sudo access and added it to wheel thinking that may resolve the issue but it appears to have had no effect.

verinas

Dabbler
Anyone on here have a clue what this could be? Have spent over a month looking for info / solution and have found nothing so far.

Apr 25 19:33:31 transmission_1 transmission-daemon[41712]: Couldn't connect socket 28 to AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA, port BBBBB (errno 13 - Permission denied) (net.c:290)

Where AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA = my PIA VPN IP
BBBBB = the port that I've port forwarded via the cron job (jexec transmission_1 bash /port_forward.sh) as root (wont run as media or anything else)

Only lead is that maybe my IPFW rules are blocking transmission from communicating with the VPN connection on the forwarded port. But that doesnt make much sense as the
rules allow all connections over the VPN

add 00010 allow all from any to any via tun0 uid media
add 00020 allow udp from any to me dst-port 53 keep-state
add 00021 allow udp from me to any dst-port 53 keep-state
add 00101 allow all from me to 192.168.1.0/24 via epair* uid media
add 00102 allow all from 192.168.1.0/24 to me via epair* uid media
add 00107 deny all from any to any uid media

batla.danny

Cadet
verinas,

Were you able to figure out this issue?

verinas

Dabbler
No. Never even got close to solving it. There appears to be no help available on the topic in any of the various forums / avenues I've tried. Looks like we are on our own.

PiP

Dabbler
Getting exactly same issue Verinas - if you ever stumble on answer would be keen to know. Interestingly have also recently configured it to use PIA using this guide:
(https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ssion-and-couchpotato-as-a-dlna-server.17165/)

but cannot say whether this issue existed before then or not as I run the box headless (I just happened to have reason to hook up a monitor today as part of upgrading usb boot disks - and saw the same error messages you note above).

Regards,

PiP

Status
Not open for further replies.