SMB Sharing Help

Hi There,
I have a server on Freenas with 2 shares one for guests or a account just for this share but I have another share as well thats for users thats only for it now when you just have access to one share it all the other ones show up how do I make it so that only one share shows up when your logged into that user
Please help

thanks

D

dlavigne

Were you able to figure this out? If not, which version of FreeNAS?

No I was not able to figure it out I have a tempary fix currently but I’m using the lastest version of free naz I just download it 3 weeks ago

There is not enough of a context to work with. It would be a good idea to provide details of your FreeNAS hardware and configuration. Check the Forum Guidelines for tips on what you should include. Share is a generic term that covers AFP, SMB, NFS shares amongst others. What type of share are you talking about? What type of client is accessing the share?

Is there a reason you have a duplicate post on the forum https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/smb-sharing-help.74241/? Please remove this second one.

Hi there I dont have a Free Naz Machine I have a pc that installed free Naz on to it Bascally im using SMB Shares to share a Public Folder for our students than I have a couple of admin folders that should not even show up in the public area where you are login in to the public folder but the admin folders all have user accounts for them