SMB Shares broken with 11.1-U5 update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverCoder9

Cadet
All was working well, but now I can no longer browse to the FreeNAS shares on Windows machines (\\freenas\sharename). Web interface works fine and it's still connected to the domain.

I read some previous threads regarding similar reports in the past and they mentioned that some VFS Objects might need to be added.
My shares are showing only three:
  • zfs_space
  • zfsacl
  • streams_xattr
I tried adding aio_fork per the recommendations in that thread, but nothing changed. I've tried restarting the SMB service and even complete system reboot to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
All was working well, but now I can no longer browse to the FreeNAS shares on Windows machines (\\freenas\sharename). Web interface works fine and it's still connected to the domain.

I read some previous threads regarding similar reports in the past and they mentioned that some VFS Objects might need to be added.
My shares are showing only three:
  • zfs_space
  • zfsacl
  • streams_xattr
I tried adding aio_fork per the recommendations in that thread, but nothing changed. I've tried restarting the SMB service and even complete system reboot to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you open by navigating to \\<ip of server>\<share>? Can you please PM me a debug file? System->Advanced->Save Debug

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Please let me know if I'm looking through the wrong debug, but I noticed this:

Code:
[2018/06/05 14:11:13] (NOTICE) common.pipesubr.pipeopen():65 - Popen()ing: /usr/bin/kinit --renewable --password-file=/tmp/tmpzyf1jwe1 <redacted>
[2018/06/05 14:11:13] (DEBUG) common.freenasldap.get_SRV_records():1147 - FreeNAS_ActiveDirectory_Base.get_SRV_records: looking up SRV records for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.<redacted>.local
[2018/06/05 14:11:19] (DEBUG) common.freenasldap.get_SRV_records():1166 - FreeNAS_ActiveDirectory_Base.get_SRV_records: no SRV records for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.<redacted>.local found: The DNS operation timed out after 5.013085126876831 seconds

no SRV records for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.<redacted>.local found: The DNS operation timed
It looks like you're having DNS issues. If this is an AD environment, try copying the below-linked python script to somewhere like /tmp/ad_verify.py and run it python /tmp/ad_verify.py

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anodos325/samba_scripts/master/not_samba/ad_verifier.py

DenverCoder9

Cadet
I finally got around to this. It gave me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "freenas", line 273, in <module>
main()
File "freenas", line 115, in main
conn = sqlite3.connect(FREENAS_DB)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

Were there values I need to substitute in for my specific settings? Sorry, pretty much a noob to freeNAS and it's been years since I've worked with a Unix environment.

Also, yes. This is an AD environment. When I check DNS records freenas is showing up with the correct IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.