SMB Service not starting after update from 11.2-RC1 to 11.2-Release-U1

APriest

Cadet
Long time listener first time caller, (if you're old like me you get that). I updated today from 11.2-RC1 to 11.2-Release-U1 and can't seem to get my SMB service back up and running, which sucks because that is my only share and where I keep all of my important data. I have searched the forum but could not find an answer. If anyone could assist or point me toward a thread that solves this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Long time listener first time caller, (if you're old like me you get that). I updated today from 11.2-RC1 to 11.2-Release-U1 and can't seem to get my SMB service back up and running, which sucks because that is my only share and where I keep all of my important data. I have searched the forum but could not find an answer. If anyone could assist or point me toward a thread that solves this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support.

PM me the output of the following command sh -x /etc/local/rc.d/samba_server start.

APriest

Cadet

APriest

Cadet
Can you please let me know if this was resolved? I am having the same issue.
Yes this was resolved. Ended up having to change the Guest Account under settings for SMB service to "nobody".