SMB/ACL changes and vanished data?

Hello TrueNAS community,

I have recently built a new FreeNAS server, and am just starting to migrate data over to it. Thing is, I'm fairly new to the whole server/networking world, and am running into some issues I'm not sure how to tackle. I think they're probably pretty straightforward, but I'm having a bear of a time figuring out how to proceed.

Following [this tutorial](https://youtu.be/mCfX4sqDmzs), I have a Pool I created, called "MediaPool", and a dataset, called "Media". I created a user (myname_user), enabled the "Media" dataset as an SMB share, and was able to access it via Windows Explorer. So far, so good.

I did some testing via Windows Explorer moving data, and brought over some movies and some shows. And, hooray hooray, it worked.

Thing was, I was having some speed issues, so I did something that was a bit of a stretch for me. I went into the Shell and utilized smbclient and mget commands to begin larger batch transfers, and for the last two days have been moving files over in batches. This worked, too, as the files moved into the Pool and I was able to see and play them via Windows Explorer. Again, so far so good.

But now here's where the problem comes in. I began to play around with some of the folders these files were stored in, and I noticed that I could no longer move the files or delete anything - it would tell me I did not have permission and required root access.

So now I'm perplexed. I'm not sure why I suddenly can't move things around in Windows. So, I go back into the Share settings and and do something I probably shouldn't. I delete the original Share, and recreate one with the same path and same name.

...and now we have problems. Here are the issues:
  • In Windows Explorer I can no longer see *any* of the files/folders I moved over via smbclient/mget. As I tinker with user settings I can't get anything to make them visible again.
  • Weirdly, the test files/folders I moved over earlier via Windows explorer *are* visible, however I cannot move or delete them. I'm not sure what would cause this.
  • I know the mget files/folders still exist in the Pool, as I can see them via Shell. They just aren't visible any other way.
So, I'm reaching out for help. This is probably something pretty simple, as it seems like a permissions error somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Happy to provide more context - can any of you see what I did wrong here?