Smart test

remi25140

Cadet
Hello
I use TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE and when I try to check SMART of disks, I have no results. 22-10-2020_07-49-07-TrueNAS - truenas.poncot.eu.png

Tested with manual and automatic tests 22-10-2020_07-50-00-TrueNAS - truenas.poncot.eu.png

For the moment, I use Report.sh but I have some errors with Date values.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks

biGdada

Dabbler
actually, i'd like to ask the same question. how is this supposed to work? couldn't find anything in user manual.

Pitfrr

Wizard
I didn't know you could check the SMART status from the GUI! :smile:
So I checked it out (also on TrueNAS 12.0) and I also don't get any information.
From the GUI, I started a manual short test and it didn't show up either in the results.
No clue though on how to get the test results in the GUI...

It doesn't bother me much since I have email reports (that I barely look at) for the SMART tests but I usually check them manually.

tim64

Dabbler
Hi,

I have the same problem with a freshly installed TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE on a freshly purchased TRUENAS-MINI-3.0-X+.

The S.M.A.R.T-service is running and I can start a SMART test with the GUI.
But when I try to view the S.M.A.R.T test results in the GUI it just shows "No data to display".

When I check on the commandline/shell with i.e. smartctl -l selftest /dev/ada0 the successfull self-tests ("Short offline") are shown.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. The TrueNAS-docs at https://www.truenas.com/docs/hub/ (are these really the TrueNAS docs for the community AND the commercial software versions?) are no real help.

Pitfrr

Wizard
Yep, about the documentation, there is a thread addressing this issue. So let's see how it turns out...

Electr0

Dabbler
Yeah, I just ran into this issue on a fresh install of the latest version.
I've ran a few SMART tests, but nothing shows in the GUI under results.
How do we go about logging this as a bug?

Alecmascot

Guru
How do we go about logging this as a bug?

right above where you are reading this.....

But it has already been reported NAS-107395

Last edited:

Electr0

Dabbler
right above where you are reading this.....

But it has already been reported NAS-107395
The thread that @Pitfrr linked to is addressing the condition of the documentation for TrueNAS 12, not the fact that the SMART test results aren't showing.

But thanks for the correct link, I'm glad that it's already been logged! :smile:

ECC

Explorer
Any news? I Have the same issue...

Electr0

Dabbler
Any news? I Have the same issue...
This bug is now fixed as of TrueNAS-12.0-U2

If you haven't already, update your system.

ECC

Explorer
This bug is now fixed as of TrueNAS-12.0-U2
Ok it is shown now in truenas gui. However, there is no date/time column available?

wdp

Explorer
Fresh install of 12.0-U3, I can run a test, but if I try to load results, it's just a spinning load wheel forever.

Related? Not even sure how to start troubleshooting this one.

sretalla