TrueNAS CORE: SMART Tests running and succeed but return an error

elmar

Cadet
Hi guys,

just started out with a self-built TrueNAS system. I'm using 8 SATA discs of varying makes/models through a LSI 9211-8i card in IT mode.
One of the first things to setup were SMART tests (short test daily). They seemingly don't run as I don't get emails and the results are not listed in STORAGE/DISKS/[DISK]/SMART TEST RESULTS.
So I run a manual test (WebGUI) and get the following "Error":
Code:
Errors:
da0
smartctl 7.1 2019-12-30 r5022 [FreeBSD 12.2-RC3 amd64] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-19, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org === START OF OFFLINE IMMEDIATE AND SELF-TEST SECTION === Sending command: "Execute SMART Short self-test routine immediately in off-line mode". Drive command "Execute SMART Short self-test routine immediately in off-line mode" successful. Testing has begun. Please wait 1 minutes for test to complete. Test will complete after Wed Nov 4 11:01:17 2020 CET Use smartctl -X to abort test.

If I run
Code:
smartctl -t short da0 -d scsi

and wait for a few minutes I see the SMART result table populated using
Code:
smartctl -a da0

So the tests work. And I also see a SMART test result every 24 hours in the result table so the scheduled ones also work (along with the manual one despite the "error" I'm getting).
The results just don't show in the WebGUI and I don't get any Email or alerts from the tests. Now the question is: Is there a bug in this part of the system or is there any option that I have to set in order for the SMART results to appear?

Thanks,
Elmar

elmar

Cadet
Need to correct that. The correct command for the SMART status also contains the -d parameter (scsi type). Maybe the need for this parameter is the cause of the problem?
Code:
smartctl -a da0 -d scsi