Slow upload speeds using S3 cloud-sync

bew

Cadet
My total upload speed to my Storj bucket seems to be limited at ~2.3MiB/s. (running 2 separate upload tasks)

My network's max upload speed is capped at around ~18MiB/s so I'm only using a fraction of it.

I'm running TrueNAS 13 U3, my sync task is set-up to push & sync the data

Does anyone know what my bottleneck is? My CPU & memory usage are very low

gwsteffens

Cadet
I'm seeing the same upload speed of about 2.2 MiB/s. I also have a max upload speed of about 18MiB/s. I'm running TrueNas Core 13.0-U3.1.
I also have no idea what the bottleneck may be. Could it be limited by the Storj servers?

Jamberry

Contributor
Doesn't the TrueNAS "cloud sync" use the native integration instead of S3?
S3 is trough their centralised S3 gateways, which seem to be not great when it comes to performance.

kcurt

Cadet
I'm seeing the same upload speed of about 2.2 MiB/s. I also have a max upload speed of about 18MiB/s. I'm running TrueNas Core 13.0-U3.1.
I also have no idea what the bottleneck may be. Could it be limited by the Storj servers?

kcurt

Cadet
I'll guess here and say your max upload is 18Mib/s (small b or bits), So if we divide that by 8 bits/byte, you get 2.25MiB/s. SO I believe you actually are maxing out. Hope this is of some help.

gwsteffens

Cadet
Hi Kcurt, You are absolutely right! I usually catch this sort of thing but it escaped my notice this time.
Thanks for pointing this out!