Slow read performance since moving from Core to Scale

Dysonco

Dabbler
Hi All,

So, today I decided to convert my running Truenas Core NAS to Scale and although the process has happened smoothly and everything is up and running the Performance is dire compared to what I had with Core.

Hardware:
Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F (Quad core Xeon-d, Dual Intel 10Gb Nics etc)
64Gb ECC RAM
LSI 9300 16i HBA
5 x 4Tb WD Red SSD ZFS1 pool 1
5 x 4Tb Crucial MX500 SSD ZFS1 pool 2

File transfers are maxing out at around the 230MB/s mark when they would previously been around 900MB/s

Crystal disk mark shows 230MB/s Read and 718MB/s write.

I've checked MTU and it's at 9000.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

Dysonco

Dabbler
Anyone?

iperf seems to suggest the network is fine, so why is the performance so dire even though I don't have encryption running?

alexmarkley

Dabbler

Dysonco

Dabbler
So....

I've tried deleting and recreating samba shares and permissions, none of which helps performance. Still limited to around 230MBs. I have compression enabled but not encryption. Seems to be a lot of people with this issue and no help from ixSystems...

Dysonco

Dabbler
Hi all,

Quick update, nothing I did seemed to make a difference to my Samba read and write performance until i updated to the latest TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2 ,

Suddenly I have full 10Gbe link speed transfers and crystal disk mark benchmarks at around the 1100mbs mark in both read and write. So I'm assuming it was a bug that has been fixed.

Thanks IX!