SOLVED SickBeard/SickRage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav3rek

Dabbler
Ok, I have been literally working on this for 4 straight days....
I have searched, and searched and searched.

I have erased everything and done 3 or 4 complete fresh reinstalls of FreeNAS as a whole.

I am about to go insane.....

I want to setup SickBeard or SickRage with SABnzbd and Plex to automatically get the shows, put them in the right folders, and live a happy long life.

Since I blew everything up and have started fresh, this is exactly what I did:

Fresh install of FreeNAS.
Checked for update and ran/installed it.
Installed Plex via plugin menu
Installed SickBeard via plugin menu
Installed SABnzbd via plugin menu

I went through and configured SickBeard with my usenet account, setup SABnzbd with the api, etc. standard stuff.

When I try to search for a TV Show in SickBeard (I tried sickrage too just in case), I get no results.
Doesn't matter what the show is, no results are returned.

Here is the error log from SickBeard:
Unable to get URL: http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=xxxxxxx

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mav

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
check if the sickbeard jail can connect out to the internet.
Code:
ping thetvdb.com

mav3rek

Dabbler
I sort of solved the SickBeard issue, I think. I port forwarded the SickBeard Jail IP in my router to port 80. This allowed it to connect and then find shows. After a couple reboots, I have been able to delete that port forward in my router, and SickBeard still will connect and search.

But I now have a few new issues/questions.

I can search for shows, snatch them and they get handed off to SABnzbd for downloading. However, SickBeard is not creating folders in the proper place. Instead of creating the folder in /mnt/vol1/storage/media/tv/SHOW NAME it instead creates the folder withing the jail at /mnt/media/tv/SHOW NAME. The jail storage is configured as such: Source= /mnt/vol1/Storage/Media Destination=/mnt/Media

any thoughts?

and thanks for the reply, btw.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Your paths don't match according to what you just posted.
Your telling sickbeard to use /mnt/media but your dataset is mounted at /mnt/Media

mav3rek

Dabbler
sorry, that was a typo on my part, I believe I have everything typed correctly.

I have checked:
My share is named Storage/Media/TV
The Jail is configured to use /mnt/vol1/Storage/Media with a destination of /mnt/Media for SickBeard
Within SickBeard the default parent folder is */mnt/Media/TV

mav3rek

Dabbler
Sorry for the double post, but I just downloaded a show and SABnzbd did the same thing as SickBeard. Instead of saving it to /mnt/vol1/Storage/Media/Complete it saved it within the jail at /mnt/Media/Complete.

I'm thinking maybe it's a permissions issue? I'm not really sure...

I appreciate all the help.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sorry, that was a typo on my part, I believe I have everything typed correctly.

I have checked:
My share is named Storage/Media/TV
The Jail is configured to use /mnt/vol1/Storage/Media with a destination of /mnt/Media for SickBeard
Within SickBeard the default parent folder is */mnt/Media/TV
You can't recursively mount datasets into a jail. mounting vol1/Storage/Media into a jail will not mount vol1/Storage/Media/TV
See the Note from here http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_jails.html#add-storage

I personally have a media dataset which contains a downloads folder, videos folder (including a tvshows folder + movies folder)
I can mount the dataset into a jail have and have all resources needed available.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the double post, but I just downloaded a show and SABnzbd did the same thing as SickBeard. Instead of saving it to /mnt/vol1/Storage/Media/Complete it saved it within the jail at /mnt/Media/Complete.

I'm thinking maybe it's a permissions issue? I'm not really sure...

I appreciate all the help.
It is not a permission issue. If it was, SABnzbd/SickBeard wouldn't be able to write their files/folders

mav3rek

Dabbler
Ok, that makes sense.

So what I did was change the jail storage.
for SickBeard the jail now is source=/mnt/vol1/Storage/Media/TV to destination=/mnt/Media

Now when SickBeard finds a show it will create the folder in the proper place.
Thanks for the help!!!

Now, the next problem I have is when SABnzbd finishes downloading a file, how can I get it to go from the complete folder into the proper movie or tv folder?
I know I need to setup the categories withing SABnzbd, but I'm not sure how to go about that exactly.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, that makes sense.

So what I did was change the jail storage.
for SickBeard the jail now is source=/mnt/vol1/Storage/Media/TV to destination=/mnt/Media

Now when SickBeard finds a show it will create the folder in the proper place.
Thanks for the help!!!

Now, the next problem I have is when SABnzbd finishes downloading a file, how can I get it to go from the complete folder into the proper movie or tv folder?
I know I need to setup the categories withing SABnzbd, but I'm not sure how to go about that exactly.
You can use 2 different methods.
  1. Scan method. Sickbeard scans the tv download folder and processes it.
  2. Script method. Sabnzbd runs a script which gets the needed info from sickbeard and immediately processed it.
Both of these methods require you create a category in sabnzbd to specify a sub-directory of your download directory. That's also where you would specify what script to run for the second method.

####

• I personally use the script method, with nzbToMedia. I have Sabnzbd/Transmission/SickRage/CoucPotato. I also have all 4 of these plugins in the same jail for ease. My setup is described on my blog which you could find by google searching 'jruehlig freenas'
  • On a side note, by having your tvshows on a different dataset then your downloads you are creating a inefficiency during post-processing. Moving the file creates a read/write/delete operation (between datasets) instead of a metadata change in my case.

mav3rek

Dabbler
I had found your blog post in a thread the other day, and I actually keep it open 99% of the time trying to get all of this working. I followed the guide to a 'T' but I ran into some problems, mainly with SickRage. I could not get it to download nzbs any longer. It would only do .torrents. Even for a show that I know has some nzbs it would just come back and say 'cant find any downloads' or something to that effect. I messed with the thing so much that I ended up jacking it all up.

I think, since I don't have any data on the NAS box yet, I'm going to retry your blog and follow it exactly. I'll just start from scratch and see what I can do. I'll update here if I have any problems.

Thanks for your help!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I had found your blog post in a thread the other day, and I actually keep it open 99% of the time trying to get all of this working. I followed the guide to a 'T' but I ran into some problems, mainly with SickRage. I could not get it to download nzbs any longer. It would only do .torrents. Even for a show that I know has some nzbs it would just come back and say 'cant find any downloads' or something to that effect. I messed with the thing so much that I ended up jacking it all up.

I think, since I don't have any data on the NAS box yet, I'm going to retry your blog and follow it exactly. I'll just start from scratch and see what I can do. I'll update here if I have any problems.

Thanks for your help!
Did you enable any nzb providers? I don't include that step but you gotta do it. I think I just use the free "sickbeard" one and get a decent amount of stuff.

mav3rek

Dabbler
yeah, I had the sickbeard provider setup, and a couple others, that I cant remember off the top of my head. I also configured oznb.com as well. I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but I remember I could not get any nzbs to download, only torrents were found.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
yeah, I had the sickbeard provider setup, and a couple others, that I cant remember off the top of my head. I also configured oznb.com as well. I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but I remember I could not get any nzbs to download, only torrents were found.
hmm, strange. you could try disabling torrents all together and see if you get anything.
In general my system favors nzb and I don't have anything but free one's enabled right now.

mav3rek

Dabbler
Ok, I'm going to run through your blog again real quick and try the setup from scratch to see what happens. Through all my tinkering I think I may have a little bit of a better understanding of the whole thing, but I know just enough to be dangerous at this point, lol.

mav3rek

Dabbler
Ran into an issue:

Got all the way down to:
service transmission start && service sickrage start && service nginx start

Then this happened:

root@sabnzbd_1:/ # service transmission start && service sickrage start && service nginx start
usage: chown [-fhvx] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] owner[:group] file ...
chown [-fhvx] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] :group file ...
Starting transmission.
Starting sickrage.
Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
nginx: [emerg] location "/50x.html" is outside location "^/sickrage" in /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:52
nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
Starting nginx.
nginx: [emerg] location "/50x.html" is outside location "^/sickrage" in /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:52
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: WARNING: failed to start nginx
root@sabnzbd_1:/ #

Any idea?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
You didn't setup your NGINX config correctly. basically all you need to do is replace the server block with the one I have posted.

NGINX isn't required but makes things a bit more convenient. you can browse to http://jail_ip/sickrage instead of http://jail_ip:8081/sickrage

mav3rek

Dabbler
Yeah, when I pasted in the Server block, it added in some extra stuff somehow... weird.

mav3rek

Dabbler
Ok, I have it all setup, and it appears to be working... somewhat..
I have rediscovered my original issue..

SABnzbd never finishes a download, it does a little of one and then aborts, goes back starts a new one, and same thing.

Also, for a particular series that SickBeard can find episodes of Season 2, SickRage can not find any downloads...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
any errors in the sabnzbd, each download should have a log that shows what happened.

sickrage should find the same stuff, just depends in the providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.