Sick Beard "unable to get url"

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronmog

Cadet
I'm trying to set up Sick Beard, using the sickbeard-1.0-amd64.pbi. I'm seeing two issues when I try to add a show:

1) It says "Adding show into unknown dir."
2) When I search for a show, it says "No results found, try a different search." In the logs I see a long string of "unable to get url" errors.

2012-11-25 01:36:01.666297 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Womble's Index URL: http://nzb.isasecret.com/rss/?sec=TV&fr=false
2012-11-25 01:36:01.669724 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://momo.sickbeard.com/api?age=1150&t=tvsearch&cat=5040,5030
2012-11-25 01:36:01.673228 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading nzb.su URL: https://nzb.su/
2012-11-25 01:51:02.527536 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Womble's Index URL: http://nzb.isasecret.com/rss/?sec=TV&fr=false
2012-11-25 01:51:02.529641 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://momo.sickbeard.com/
2012-11-25 01:51:02.531612 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading nzb.su URL: https://nzb.su/api?age=1150&apikey=&t=tvsearch&cat=5040,5030
2012-11-25 01:56:32.120124 CP Server Thread-10 :: Unable to get URL: http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=criminal+minds&language=en

Guy Lian

Dabbler
You might want to edit your post to disguise those API keys. Unless you want your accounts to be abused by all and sundry... :)

baronmog

Cadet
You might want to edit your post to disguise those API keys. Unless you want your accounts to be abused by all and sundry... :)

Heh. Thanks. That's what I get for posting late at night.

I think the issue is at least in part with my network configuration. My FreeNAS box is getting a DHCP address from my cable modem, however, in order to keep local traffic from leaving the switch that all of my machines are plugged into, I've also assigned a static, private, IP alias to em0. The IP address used by the pbi jail is in the same private network range as the em0 IP alias. I can connect to jailed pbi programs just fine from the freenas box and others on my local network, but the jailed programs can't connect to the public internet. I'm not familar with freebsd, for the most part (mostly use linux), so I'm not sure how to set up the necessary rules to handle forwarding the traffic.

Guy Lian

Dabbler
I think the issue is at least in part with my network configuration. My FreeNAS box is getting a DHCP address from my cable modem, however, in order to keep local traffic from leaving the switch that all of my machines are plugged into, I've also assigned a static, private, IP alias to em0. The IP address used by the pbi jail is in the same private network range as the em0 IP alias. I can connect to jailed pbi programs just fine from the freenas box and others on my local network, but the jailed programs can't connect to the public internet. I'm not familar with freebsd, for the most part (mostly use linux), so I'm not sure how to set up the necessary rules to handle forwarding the traffic.
By any chance, have you configured a default route/gateway or a DNS server on your FreeNAS box?

If you give em0 a static IP address then it will override DHCP, so the rest of the information also needs to be provided manually.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
i would try to see if you can resolve any hostnames in the jail
$ping google.com might be a good place to start. if it doesn't work, try ping 8.8.8.8. if you get the ip but not the hostname you need to setup your dns server. sometimes the jail finds a dns server on the network on it's own, sometimes not, so just hard set it i guess.

baronmog

Cadet
By any chance, have you configured a default route/gateway or a DNS server on your FreeNAS box?

If you give em0 a static IP address then it will override DHCP, so the rest of the information also needs to be provided manually.

Well, I tried manually setting the default gateway (using the webui), but the only thing that changed after that was that the static IP alias was no longer accessible. Deleting the manual default gateway didn't fix that, either. So, I've had to do a factory reset on the system. Good thing the only data on it so far was a test backup from my laptop.

I'm clearly missing something here, but am not sure that it's plugin specific.

What I'm looking for is a configuration that will fit into my existing network:

Cable Modem, serving DHCP
- Gigabit switch
- - multiple systems, getting public IPs via DHCP and using static IP aliases (in a 192.168.x.0/24 range) for local traffic, to avoid having local only traffic go out to the cable company's network before getting turned back around.

In order to work, this config needs to be able pass traffic to and from the freenas device's jail plugins for both local traffic and the wider internet (both so that jail'd programs can get to the internet and so that my mobile devices can access jail'd services while out of range of my home wifi). Is this something that can be accomplished with FreeNAS/FreeBSD?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well, I tried manually setting the default gateway (using the webui), but the only thing that changed after that was that the static IP alias was no longer accessible. Deleting the manual default gateway didn't fix that, either. So, I've had to do a factory reset on the system. Good thing the only data on it so far was a test backup from my laptop.

I'm clearly missing something here, but am not sure that it's plugin specific.

What I'm looking for is a configuration that will fit into my existing network:

Cable Modem, serving DHCP
- Gigabit switch
- - multiple systems, getting public IPs via DHCP and using static IP aliases (in a 192.168.x.0/24 range) for local traffic, to avoid having local only traffic go out to the cable company's network before getting turned back around.

In order to work, this config needs to be able pass traffic to and from the freenas device's jail plugins for both local traffic and the wider internet (both so that jail'd programs can get to the internet and so that my mobile devices can access jail'd services while out of range of my home wifi). Is this something that can be accomplished with FreeNAS/FreeBSD?

If you set the default gateway in freenas i don't know if that will get passed along to an already created jail. I think you might want to look at the jail's /etc/resolv.conf

Also you don't have a router? Just modem to switch? Is this for a home or buisiness, make sure you are carefull with opening up services on public IPs if there's no firewall/router anywhere.

Mixel

Explorer
Hmmm same problem here. After installing Sickbeard v2.0 in a new jail, cannot ping from command line. resolve.cr is set with correct name server. Other jails with same resolve.conf work correctly.

Strange thing is, that sick beard used to work, but after some fiddling around (other forks, etc) I decided to delete the jail and reinstall the PBI again via plugin upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.