Share Music to Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

denaba

Explorer
I was wondering if I am missing a step here or maybe it just cannot be done. My current setup is

FreeNAS version 9.3 (has my movie collection)
PC's - Windows 7 and 10, access FreeNAS to watch movies using Kodi

Been great. But I wanted to see if I can have my amplifier access music on the FreeNAS. Here is what I did and what I have

FreeNAS - I added a folder called Music and I just copied a few albums in to it to try this. It is set to everyone permissions

Amplifier - Marantz SR5007 connected to LAN.

Now reading the Marantz manual it just states that it should scan for shared files, how and what way? nothing says anything about this.

If I go to Windows 7 or 10 and share my Windows Media Library, the Marantz sees it and can playback the music. But my wife and I want to centralize all our music to the FreeNAS and instead of using the Windows machine having to be on to play back music, we'd rather have the FreeNAS store it, have the Marantz access it and then play them back.

So I tried and the Marantz does not see the FreeNAS box. Is there something else I need in order to do this? Or is it not possible?

Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Have you tried pointing it at a specific SMB share? If there is no such option, I guess you'll have to figure out how to ensure NetBIOS discovery works reliably enough. Part of this involves forcing the FreeNAS server to act as the master browser.

abcslayer

Dabbler
You can check miniDLNA plugin or Plex plugin to provide DLNA service to your Marantz (which I believe support DLNA)

mattbbpl

Patron
You have a myriad of options here assuming everything is working correctly, but you should be able to see your FreeNAS box fine. Have you tried typing the path directly into the browser/field, or are you attempting to browse to it via network discovery?

If network discovery doesn't see it, that alone doesn't mean it isn't accessible.

palm101

Cadet
I got it working with Minimserver in a jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.