Windows iTunes+Cifs-share - watchfolder issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

unca_NAS

Explorer
Hello
iTunes on Windows -computer refuses to acknowledge any fresh music files (provided by Freenas' Headphones-plugin) on its watchfolder if owner of the music-to-be-added is not "guest". Watchfolder and all musicfiles are on cifs-share that has guest:guest 0777 (no logging needed)

When the music is imported by Headphones (in jail) , the owner:group is 816:guest. I created a new user on main OS with ID 816 name media, so now owner:group is media:guest.

I created a new user using my current Windows username / pass and added this windows-user to "guest"-group. No go even if I changed the ownership of watchfolder contents from media > guest. Removing win-user from guest-group, restarting cifs, chown -R guest * to watchfolder's contents and restarting iTunes > files are immediately noticed and imported.

Propably missing some fundamental stuff here. How I should change the config in a way that I get auto-adding to work and still keep all music rw when accessing from Win-computer?

unca_NAS

Explorer
Nay. Setting the share's default-permissions guest:guest dont help. The owner has to be guest.
Dirty solution: a script that changes ownership of the watchfolder's files.

Status
Not open for further replies.