Several errors after FreeNAS system installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear FreeNAS users,
I have build my 1st storage server from older not-used computer (Motherboard GA-X48-DS5, RAM 6GB, 1 USB-ey with installed freeNAS system, 2 Hard drives for the beginning).

Unfortunately, I have several troubles and errors after pure system instalation. I have installed FreeNAS-9.10.1-U2 (f045a8b) build version. CIFS sharing is not working. I can see only older SMB service sharing (no CIFS). And, I can not connect to the server from girlfriend's Windows 10 based laptop. Server's hostname is gnaglium.local

During boot I can see next errors:

Starting ntpd.
Can't load /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf -run testparm to debug it
Unable to open /var/db/samba4/private/secrets.tdb: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Nov 13 20:42:09 ganglium generate_smb4_conf.py [generate_smb4_conf:1498] Unable to open /var/db/samba4/private/secrets.tdb: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Performing sanity check on Samba configuration: OK

Nov 13 20:42:15 ganglium mDNSResponder: CheckNATMappings: Failed to allocate port 5350 UDP multicast socket for PCP & NAT-PMP annoucements

Nov 13 20:43:24 ganglium mDNSResponder: mDNS_register_internal: ERROR!! Tried to register AuthRecord 0000000801406D60 ganglium.local. (Addr) that's already in the list
Nov 13 20:43:24 ganglium mDNSResponder: mDNS_register_internal: ERROR!! Tried to register AuthRecord 0000000801407180 19.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. (PTR) that's already in the list
Nov 13 20:43:24 ganglium mDNSResponder: mDNS_register_internal: ERROR!! Tried to register AuthRecord 0000000801409D60 ganglium.local. (Addr) that's already in the list
Nov 13 20:43:24 ganglium mDNSResponder: mDNS_register_internal: ERROR!! Tried to register AuthRecord 000000080140A180 21.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. (PTR) that's already in the list

________________________________________________________________________________________

I have tried to run:
[labounek@ganglium ~]$ testparm /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Processing section "[hd1]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
(After Enter pressing)

# Global parameters
[global]
dos charset = CP437
server string = FreeNAS Server
server role = standalone server
security = USER
map to guest = Bad User
obey pam restrictions = Yes
logging = file
max log size = 51200
max protocol = SMB3
protocol = SMB3
time server = Yes
deadtime = 15
kernel change notify = No
max open files = 176051
hostname lookups = Yes
load printers = No
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = Yes
lm announce = Yes
dns proxy = No
pid directory = /var/run/samba
panic action = /usr/local/libexec/samba/samba-backtrace
nsupdate command = /usr/local/bin/samba-nsupdate -g
idmap config *: range = 90000001-100000000
idmap config * : backend = tdb
acl allow execute always = Yes
create mask = 0660
directory mask = 0770
directory mode = 0770
ea support = Yes
directory name cache size = 0
store dos attributes = Yes
strict locking = No
dos filemode = Yes

[hd1]
path = /mnt/hd1
read only = No
veto files = /.snapshot/.windows/.mac/.zfs/
vfs objects = zfs_space zfsacl aio_pthread
zfsacl:acesort = dontcare
nfs4:chown = true
nfs4:acedup = merge
nfs4:mode = special
[labounek@ganglium ~]$
____________________________________________________________________________________

Unfortunately, I am not very clever from the command's output. Could yomebody help, please? I am truly a freeNAS and IP adress beginner.

Faithfuly,
Rene

Stux

MVP
I get these samba errors too.

Mdnsresponder is very chatty.

Is there actually a problem?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
(Motherboard GA-X48-DS5, RAM 6GB
Which does not meet the minimum requirements...
CIFS sharing is not working. I can see only older SMB service sharing (no CIFS)
You have it backwards. CIFS is an old name that does not apply at all anymore.
And, I can not connect to the server from girlfriend's Windows 10 based laptop. Server's hostname is gnaglium.local
Have you tried \\IP_ADDRESS ?

I am not sure if the motherboard is a problem. I know you are saing the server should have 8GB at minimum. I do not have so many DDR2 RAMs. But htop says to me, that I am using 399MB of 5.97GB available now.

Ok, than SMB is newer. I do not know the terminology properly.

I have tried everything

\\ganglium
\\192.168.1.19
\\192.168.1.21

Nothing works.

BTW The workgroups match.

Rene

Dear users,
my appology. She was connected to wifi which was not paired with the LAN router where the server is connected. When I have chynged it, everything works.
Regards and thanks for help.
Rene

melloa

Wizard
I am not sure if the motherboard is a problem. I know you are saing the server should have 8GB at minimum. I do not have so many DDR2 RAMs. But htop says to me, that I am using 399MB of 5.97GB available now.

I'm glad it is working. The point Eric is trying to make regarding memory is not only for the processes, but for ZFS. It uses all available memory to speed-up access to your data (read and write). Do some searches here and will find lots of information that will be useful in the future.

Again, thanks for the informations to all of you. My last question in this thred is:

Should I try to repair above written errors? Or, I do not have to care about it, when it is working.... :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.