Seagate spin down not working, but Western does (same pool)

DustinThal

Cadet
Hi,

i'm new to FreeNas. i already read a lot of posts about spin down here but i thing i overread something or so.

My two Seagates won't go to spindown, the Western does.

I created a pool out of 4 disks, 2 Seagate (ST6000VN001-2BB186 ) and 2 Western (WDC WD60EFRX-68L0BN1).

For initial test i set the stendby timer to 5, the APM to (later to 127) the AL to disabled and the S.M.A.R.T. also disabled.

i moved the system dataset to freenas-boot.

Also i have no shares configured.

I mean in this constellation there is nothing that will keep the Seagates up, cause the Western spins down (same Pool).

Does anyone have a hint for me whats wrong? And please not the discussion "spin down or not spin down". I need the drives max 5 times a week for abaout 1-2 hours, if i set the timer to 2 hours this will be best.

BR Dustin

DustinThal

Cadet
Hi,

i'm new to FreeNas. i already read a lot of posts about spin down here but i thing i overread something or so.

My two Seagates won't go to spindown, the Western does.

I created a pool out of 4 disks, 2 Seagate (ST6000VN001-2BB186 ) and 2 Western (WDC WD60EFRX-68L0BN1).

For initial test i set the stendby timer to 5, the APM to (later to 127) the AL to disabled and the S.M.A.R.T. also disabled.

i moved the system dataset to freenas-boot.

Also i have no shares configured.

I mean in this constellation there is nothing that will keep the Seagates up, cause the Western spins down (same Pool).

Does anyone have a hint for me whats wrong? And please not the discussion "spin down or not spin down". I need the drives max 5 times a week for abaout 1-2 hours, if i set the timer to 2 hours this will be best.

BR Dustin
Found solution with script

Alecmascot

Guru