scrub stops short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedicus

Explorer
i moved a pool to a new box recently and thought it would be a good idea to scrub it just to be safe. so i issued a scrub and after about 5 minutes it was done. i did it again to see for sure and it gets to about 0.10 % running about 80MBS and then says it is complete with 0 errors after that?

4 he8 disks in mirrored pair, about 6tb FREE SPACE
connected to a dell h330 in HBA mode
all data is accessible, previous scrubs on the old system with the same disks took about 16 hours

is there a log somewhere else i should be looking at?

Last edited:

kdragon75

Wizard
How much data do you have? 16hr down to 5min yeah something is not right...

Zedicus

Explorer
How much data do you have? 16hr down to 5min yeah something is not right...

12tb or something around there.

so... i just noticed that i had installed freenas 9.3. not sure how i got the 9.3 installer even. anyway after several upgrades, and getting the MRSA driver in place of the MFI driver, (probably caused by the 9.3 install then upgrade) everything now seems to be working.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah, something's definitely not right there.

MRSA driver
mrsas

everything now seems to be working.
That is simultaneously good news and damning proof of how horrible mfi really is. You definitely want to scrub that pool while using the mrsas driver.

Edit: Even then, I'm somewhat worried...

Zedicus

Explorer
it was only on the MFI driver for minutes and there was no writes at the time. dont know why freenas thought it was a good idea to load it but oh well.

the pool is coming from a failing hardware install anywy, so i am expecting some errors that will need files restored. it is faster to restore some corrupted files ather than an entire array.

Status
Not open for further replies.