Not getting email reporting result of scrub of main pool

JDLH

Dabbler
My freenas system is fairly new, and I am still figuring out which things aren't set up right. I have set up a task to scrub the main pool on my system. I think the scrub is happening. However, I get no email saying either that the scrub has started nor that it has finished nor what was the result of the scrub. I would like to get an email at least at the finish of the scrub, with the results, so that I can be sure the scrub happened and the result was OK.

I have the task to scrub the main pool configured in the Tasks > Scrubs section of the admin UI. I do not see a setting here to either request or reject status emails being sent about the scrub task.

Curiously, I do get a pair of emails, announcing the start and finish of a scrub to the pool "freenas-boot". I do not see this scrub task in the Tasks > Scrubs section of the admin UI. I am willing to believe that something was automatically configured to run this scrub. I would also like to know where in the new UI this task is controlled, by the way.

When I run zfs pool in the shell, the output mentions the most recent scrub of my main pool, and of the pool "freenas-boot". I take it to mean that the scrubs are happening. I would just like affirmative confirmation by email of this fact.

I am running FreeNAS-11.2-U5, as installed by iXsystems on a new FreeNAS Mini-3-E.

Thank you for all the help you provide readers of this forum. Best regards,
—Jim DeLaHunt

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What is the alert level for emails under System | Alerts ? I can imagine that this is the adjustment needed (set to info to see everything).

You can find the scrub for the boot pool under System | Boot Environments (it's the number of days under the title "Automatic scrub interval (in days)").

JDLH

Dabbler
> What is the alert level for emails under System | Alerts ?

In the admin UI (FreeNAS-11.2-U5, new UI), I see System | Alert Services, System | Alert Settings, as well as System | Boot Environments. I don't see "System | Alerts", is that perhaps in the legacy UI? I also see System | Boot Environments, with the "Automatic scrub interval (in days)" setting as you pointed out.

Within System | Alert Settings and System | Alert Services, I do not see a setting for "alert level for emails".

Within System | Alert Settings, I do see a list of several of events: "Boot Pool is Not Healthy", "Critical Firmware Update Available", etc. All have the setting "Immediately" under them. That seems not to be applicable.

Within System | Alert Services, there is a list of services. There is an entry "E-mail". Editing that entry, I see a field "Email Addresss", which was blank. I have filled in a valid address, and verified that I can receive a test alert. Maybe that will fix the problem.

However, I do not see a setting for "alert level for emails". Has it moved to someplace else in the new UI?

sretalla