SOLVED Scale recover vm after reinstall

strikermed

Dabbler
I have TrueNas scale 22.02. I was troubleshooting an issue. I wound up reinstalling TrueNas and I’m trying to recover the windows vm I had running.

I have a vm share where I directed all my vm storage. It ran on my previous TrueNas install, and im attempting to recover the installation.

I’ve tried several hardware scenarios (including the configuration I think I used for the original vm). When I specify the storage I select the image from the vm storage, and choose the virtio driver for the installation media (cdrom). Each scenario I pick whether virtio for storage or ahci, I get the same shell option without boot. I’ve typed exit, got into the bios and switched boot order and tried everything I can think of.

The only scenarios where I get a different result is if I select the windows iso, as a cdrom and I can start installation. I checked if I can do a repair, but it gives no option for repairing a system which leads me to believe it can’t see a windows install.

What am I missing here?

strikermed

Dabbler
I thought of the solution while rocking my newborn son of all things... I didn't try switching bios from UEFI to Seabios... This worked and the VM started up! Hope this helps someone else down the road.