Saving Plex config folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawatson115

Dabbler
As many i upgrade to Corral and its all running smoothly, but i dont want to be on a sinking ship. The Corral install was a fresh load so from what I have read i can fresh install 9.10 and it will still see my pool and data which would be great as its 10 TB and id hate to re transfer all that. I just need to reload the plex jail. I would really like to keep my /config, /data, and /transcode folders so i dont need to re setup plex which took forever but when i installed it into docker i let it put it in the default location and i have no way of accessing the files.

To my point, im sure there is a way i can either copy the /config folder to one of the network shares or setup a share so i can access where it currently is. Im not that good in the CLI so any help would be greatly appreciated.

/config is currently here "/var/lib/docker/volumes/5af99a22baeebc3d2f2090daffafcf571ece67b63fa38f149e8339021d92f43d/_data"
/data is currently here "/mnt/vol001"
/transcode is currently here "/var/lib/docker/volumes/9a1f2001f7f7745203f29a4793cb4b1030c3e90ea9c9cf46dbe75bffe7359f18/_data"

Thanks for any help.

Mark

mawatson115

Dabbler
Yes with the help of another amazing member i was able to successfully get it done. Thanks for checking on it though.

mawatson115

Dabbler
here is the other thread

"https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/retrieving-plex-config-from-corral.53807/" all credit goes to jp without him i wouldnt have got it done.

Heres what i did.

Create a new windows share called new-config
inside the plex docker and a new host called /new-config that points to that new share
go into the "Plex Console" not the freenas one, inside the plex docker click the console button at top.
do "ls" command to see the directorys
do

cp -rf /config /new-config --verbose

boom all done, go to your share and you have full config. That command copys all the data from plex /config folder to your new share forcefully and will display everything its doing so you know when its done. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.