HELP: Official Plex Application In TrueNAS SCALE.

ByerRA

Dabbler
So I currently have a TrueNAS CORE server with docker running out of a VM and running the "official" Plex docker image that has been running for years with out issues with the plans to at some point in time upgrade it to TrueNAS SCALE.

So last Friday I loaded TrueNAS SCALE on a spare server to work out what I'm going to have to do to migrate everything over to TrueNAS SCALE.

I've managed to get all my other docker containers up and running on TrueNAS SCALE with the exception of Plex. I have spent the entire weekend trying to get this to work and countless hours with Google to no avail.

So on the TrueNAS SCALE box, created a "plex" user and group with the UID/GID of 1000, created a "plex_data" dataset in the main pool with the directories of "config", "data" and "transcode" and everything in the "plex_data" dataset is owned by the "plex" user with full rights. (having gone though the mess of file permissions with the Plex container before)

When I go to setup the "Official" Plex app, I do the following...

• Plex Configuration
    • Use PlexPass : Checked
    • Plex Claim Token : Entered
  • Environment Variables For Plex
    • PLEX_UID : 1000
    • PLEX_GID : 1000
  • Networking
    • Configure Host Network : Checked
  • Storage
    • Plex Storage
      • Enable Host Path for Plex Transcode Volume : Checked
        • Host Path for Plex Transcode Volume : /mnt/main_pool/plex_data/transcode
      • Enable Host Path for Plex Data Volume : Checked
        • Host Path for Plex Data Volume : /mnt/main_pool/plex_data/data
      • Enable Host Path for Plex Config Volume : Checked
        • Host Path for Plex Config Volume : /mnt/main_pool/plex_data/config
After I save that, application is created and when I attempt to connect to it I get to the Plex "Server Setup" screen and it hangs for about 5 minutes and then comes back with the error "A problem has been detected with a core component of Plex Media Server."

Now, when I check the "/mnt/main_pool/plex_data/config" directory, directories are created and there are files there, but no logs anywhere in any of the directories. Checking the file and directory ownership I see all files and directories are owned by my "plex" user with a UID/GID of 1000.

I've even tried this without setting anything other than the "Plex Claim Token" just to get something up and it always comes back with the same error message and I can get no further. And with no log files created it's hard to figure out what the issue is.

Anyone have any ideas?

ByerRA

Dabbler
So I currently have a TrueNAS CORE server with docker running out of a VM and running the "official" Plex docker image that has been running for years with out issues with the plans to at some point in time upgrade it to TrueNAS SCALE.

So last Friday I loaded TrueNAS SCALE on a spare server to work out what I'm going to have to do to migrate everything over to TrueNAS SCALE.

I've managed to get all my other docker containers up and running on TrueNAS SCALE with the exception of Plex. I have spent the entire weekend trying to get this to work and countless hours with Google to no avail.

So on the TrueNAS SCALE box, created a "plex" user and group with the UID/GID of 1000, created a "plex_data" dataset in the main pool with the directories of "config", "data" and "transcode" and everything in the "plex_data" dataset is owned by the "plex" user with full rights. (having gone though the mess of file permissions with the Plex container before)

When I go to setup the "Official" Plex app, I do the following...

• Plex Configuration
    • Use PlexPass : Checked
    • Plex Claim Token : Entered
  • Environment Variables For Plex
    • PLEX_UID : 1000
    • PLEX_GID : 1000
  • Networking
    • Configure Host Network : Checked
  • Storage
    • Plex Storage
      • Enable Host Path for Plex Transcode Volume : Checked
        • Host Path for Plex Transcode Volume : /mnt/main_pool/plex_data/transcode
      • Enable Host Path for Plex Data Volume : Checked
        • Host Path for Plex Data Volume : /mnt/main_pool/plex_data/data
      • Enable Host Path for Plex Config Volume : Checked
        • Host Path for Plex Config Volume : /mnt/main_pool/plex_data/config
After I save that, application is created and when I attempt to connect to it I get to the Plex "Server Setup" screen and it hangs for about 5 minutes and then comes back with the error "A problem has been detected with a core component of Plex Media Server."

Now, when I check the "/mnt/main_pool/plex_data/config" directory, directories are created and there are files there, but no logs anywhere in any of the directories. Checking the file and directory ownership I see all files and directories are owned by my "plex" user with a UID/GID of 1000.

I've even tried this without setting anything other than the "Plex Claim Token" just to get something up and it always comes back with the same error message and I can get no further. And with no log files created it's hard to figure out what the issue is.

Anyone have any ideas?
Well, not sure what happened, but I shutdown the server last night and this morning when I started it up and tried again it worked so I'm not sure what the issue was, but it's working now.