Samba share with Recycle Bin, files NOT saved while directoris under repository ARE created

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLove73

Cadet
Hi.
I have set up FreeNAS server (now FreeNAS-11.1-U6) for ouor company domain, almost all is working as I wish it.
On each share I have turned on Recycle Bin feature and deleted files appear normaly.
Since I have snapshots every 1h on most of the shares (users work/save directly on shares), and MS Word O356/2016 is generating one xxxx.tmp file for each open document (original is locked to prevent others to change it), in only one month we already got 5GB of deleted data in .recycle folder that is bound to snapshots, which is unacceptable for long term.

For share at /mnt/aktivnipodaci/install I am trying to move .recycle folder to another dataset, solely for Recycled/deleted files.
I have researched, and found that I can add "recycle:repository = /mnt/aktivnipodaci/recyclebin/install/.recycle/%U to "Auxiliary Parameters:" of the share.
After I tried to delete few files, I have set permissions for .recycle directory so all domain users have Full control. As of now, directory structure where deleted folder is in share IS being created, but acual deleted file IS NOT MOVED while it IS deleted in share.
Am I missing something?

DrLove73

Cadet
Hi. Sorry for late response, a lot was going on.
No, I have not resolved it, and I quit trying when I created the thread since I do not know where to start/continue. I have a long history on CentOS systems and Linux in general, and I have excellent find-on-web abilities, so I ask for help only when I am totally stuck.

So first question is for developers if this is at all possible to do, to save to other dataset or only to change the name of recycle folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.