SOLVED SABNZBD won't update to 1.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
Having used sabnzbd for a long time with my SB/CP setup on FreeNAS, I updated to version 1.0.0 when it became available a few weeks back. At that time I simply used the inbuilt 'service sabnzbd update' process which worked flawlessly.

Now, however, when I try and use the service update process to move to 1.0.1, 1.0.0 is redownloaded. Is there something I need to do to allow the process to continue working or is this something that needs addressing elsewhere?

All help appreciated.

raidflex

Guru
I have always just reinstalled the plugin to update, since the data is not touched when you do this. But it will only work if there are other plugins in the same jail, otherwise it will remove the jail when you delete the plugin. Although usually the internal program updates do work, I have had issues with updating the plugin itself.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
I've never had a problem updating using this mechanism with sabnzbd and with a bit of digging inside the rc.d script and then checking on SourceForge I've realised that it's nothing to do with the script and it's simply that the SF project still points to 1.0.0 when requesting the latest source code. Hopefully they'll update it shortly, no rush as everything is working fine, just like to have the latest and greatest! :)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What version of the plugin are you on? I have release newer versions, v1.0.1 that no longer has that update function. But if try the plugin update process, once (or maybe twice =/) it should work.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
What version of the plugin are you on? I have release newer versions, v1.0.1 that no longer has that update function. But if try the plugin update process, once (or maybe twice =/) it should work.

It's the old 0.7.17 pbi that has been gradually updated through to 1.0.0. Everything works fine but as per my last post, it seems that the SF url that's used to get the 'latest' release source code still points to 1.0.0 so nothing new is downloaded. No big deal if that url gets updated later I suppose, unless you'd recommend me updating the plugin through the webgui (I'm setup with SAB, Transmission, CP and SR in one jail and can backup the /var/db/sabnzbd folder if necessary)?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It's the old 0.7.17 pbi that has been gradually updated through to 1.0.0. Everything works fine but as per my last post, it seems that the SF url that's used to get the 'latest' release source code still points to 1.0.0 so nothing new is downloaded. No big deal if that url gets updated later I suppose, unless you'd recommend me updating the plugin through the webgui (I'm setup with SAB, Transmission, CP and SR in one jail and can backup the /var/db/sabnzbd folder if necessary)?
no its not necessary, that folder will not be affected by upgrades. and even if the upgrade doesn't work, since you have several plugins installed to the jail you can just delete the plugin and reupload the appropriate PBI

Status
Not open for further replies.