Ryzen CPU Temps reported incorrectly in Dashboard

dasunsrule32

Dabbler
I also opened a Jira ticket for the issue: NAS-125385

It appears the dashboard is pointing to the Tdie, rather than the Tctl while using the k10temp driver when a Ryzen processor is in use.

My IPMI and sensors report the same CPU temperature, but SCALE reports it 20 degrees less.
Code:
sensors
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tctl:         +55.4°C 
Tdie:         +35.4°C

Looking for this to be resolved. Not sure if it's affecting the fans as a result, since they never seem to go up much when in SCALE.

Thank you. :)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I also opened a Jira ticket for the issue: NAS-125385

It appears the dashboard is pointing to the Tdie, rather than the Tctl while using the k10temp driver when a Ryzen processor is in use.

My IPMI and sensors report the same CPU temperature, but SCALE reports it 20 degrees less.
Code:
sensors
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tctl:         +55.4°C
Tdie:         +35.4°C

Looking for this to be resolved. Not sure if it's affecting the fans as a result, since they never seem to go up much when in SCALE.

Thank you. :)

Its better if you report full system specs.

Fans are not impacted.... they are controlled by motherboard/BIOS or a script.

Tdie is the temperature that AMD recommends be used for fan control.

Last edited:

dasunsrule32

Dabbler
The board is an ASRock Rack x470d4u paired with an 1800x. Not sure if it's a Debian thing then. I noticed the CPU will never go above 80% CPU usage as well.

LarsR

Guru
My guess would be 1st gen Ryzen Problem.
I was using a 1600x and there was also a +20°C offset reported in truenas. My Bios would report 38°C and the truenas gui was reporting 58°C.
My current 3700x doesnt have this problem. Bios and Gui report the same temps.

dasunsrule32

Dabbler
Interesting, BIOS is reporting what Tctl is reporting. IPMI reports the same. Not sure what to think...

Mine is opposite of yours as well, SCALE reporting the Tdie and lower temps, while the BIOS/IPMI are reporting the Tctl temps.

I can confirm under load, my fans did go up. However, CPU will never go above 80% usage.

Last edited: