Run multiple docker-compose apps

Constantin.FF

Dabbler
Hello all

I was really surprised to see that there is the option to run my containerized apps with docker-compose.
And it worked nicely.

But I hit an error when I try to run more than one of docker-compose apps.
I believe that my issue is that all docker-compose apps use 2376\TCP for the docker socket.
I am able to run only one app at a time.
1653822695408.png

The config is pretty much only setting the Composer file.

I can see on other forum threads that it not fully supported that currently there is are very limited features/configs.
Does anyone hit the same issue or suggestions what I can try to resolve it?

Application config:
Code:
Application Name: hello-world
Version: 1.0.27
:
Show Advanced Controller Settings: false
Show Expert Configuration Options: false
Image Environment:
COMPOSE_FILE: /mnt/ssd-pool-1/apps/hello-world/docker-compose.yml
Timezone: 'Europe/Oslo' timezone
Show Expert Config: false
Show Expert Config: false
Container Security Settings:
Change PUID / UMASK values: false
Show Advanced Security Settings: false
Pod Security Context:
runAsUser: 0
runAsGroup: 0
fsGroup: 0
When should we take ownership?: OnRootMismatch
Set Custom Resource Limits/Requests (Advanced): false
GPU Configuration:
GPU Resource (nvidia.com/gpu): Allocate 0 nvidia.com/gpu GPU
:
VPN:
Type: disabled
Codeserver:
enabled: false
Promtail:
Netshoot:
(Advanced) Horizontal Pod Autoscaler:
(Advanced) Network Policy:
Confirm these settings.

Error log:
Code:
0/1 nodes are available: 1 node(s) didn't have free ports for the requested pod ports.
create Pod hello-world-docker-compose-0 in StatefulSet hello-world-docker-compose successful
0/1 nodes are available: 1 node(s) didn't have free ports for the requested pod ports.
delete Pod hello-world-docker-compose-0 in StatefulSet hello-world-docker-compose successful
skip schedule deleting pod: ix-hello-world/hello-world-docker-compose-0
Successfully provisioned volume pvc-ed66af3f-0dbc-4db3-b207-4126fd13872f
Successfully provisioned volume pvc-adbf9311-701f-4adf-b5aa-94c935cfcaf3
Successfully provisioned volume pvc-c9e3f3b0-6bc3-4102-a824-a42439d171dc
0/1 nodes are available: 1 pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims.
waiting for a volume to be created, either by external provisioner "zfs.csi.openebs.io" or manually created by system administrator
External provisioner is provisioning volume for claim "ix-hello-world/docker-certs-client-hello-world-docker-compose-0"
create Claim docker-certs-client-hello-world-docker-compose-0 Pod hello-world-docker-compose-0 in StatefulSet hello-world-docker-compose success
waiting for a volume to be created, either by external provisioner "zfs.csi.openebs.io" or manually created by system administrator
External provisioner is provisioning volume for claim "ix-hello-world/docker-hello-world-docker-compose-0"
create Claim docker-hello-world-docker-compose-0 Pod hello-world-docker-compose-0 in StatefulSet hello-world-docker-compose success
External provisioner is provisioning volume for claim "ix-hello-world/hello-world-docker-compose-docker-certs-ca"
waiting for a volume to be created, either by external provisioner "zfs.csi.openebs.io" or

stavros-k

Patron
I believe that my issue is that all docker-compose apps use 2376\TCP for the docker socket.
Yep, you can't install more than one.

But you can A) install portainer as the "main" docker-compose file and then from there install as many stacks as you want.
or B) open the shell to the app and manually run docker-compose commands from there