Rsync tasks failure since upgrade to TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1

Rajstopy

Dabbler
Dear all,

I've upgraded to version TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1 and since then some of my rsync tasks are no more working. I've spent hours trying to understand why, moreover everything is working fine when using CLI.

I do suspect an error due to whitespaces in the remote path (no choice to modify that unfortunately). As said, everything was working fine so far so I suspect there is a bug related to white spaces. Here is my config :

1670148574498.png

Remote path validation is working fine as well...

Log message gives :

Code:
rsync: change_dir "/volume1/homes/backup//'/volume1" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1839) [Receiver=3.2.5]
rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

I don't understand the change_dir "/volume1/homes/backup//'/volume1" failed: -> /volume1/homes/backup is the backup account home dir. No idea why this path is shown here......

I'm totally stuck, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Is the other machine also a TrueNAS system? Wouldn't the absolute path be prepended with /mnt/ ?

Something like,
/mnt/volume1/path/to/source/

Rajstopy

Dabbler
Nope. The other NAS is a Synology.
I’ve done more tests and I’m quite sure this is due to the white spaces no more managed correctly in the new TrueNAS version. Works great when called in CLI.

Cheers

I’ve done more tests and I’m quite sure this is due to the white spaces no more managed correctly in the new TrueNAS version.
What if you enclose the path with double quotes?

In the Remote Path text field, surround the full path with double quotes.

Rajstopy

Dabbler
What I already did try as you can imagine but then the remote path is not being validated

pinkOCELOT

Cadet
Hey everyone,

I have the same issue with rsync between two TrueNAS systems... and yeah it seems like there's something went wrong with handling whitespaces.