Can't create an rsync task with / as remote host

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4242

Explorer
Hello,

I'm trying to setup an rsync task. The task should pull from a remote Linux server. The Linux server use the rrsync script to restrict rsync access. It usualy work very well!

Because I use rrsync, I use "/" as remote path. rrsync translate that into my real directory on my Linux server.

First thing, when I create the rsync task with that remote path, it complains the remote path cannot be found. I unchecked the checkbox to disable the validation in order to be able to create the rule.

Then, I try to run the task from the web GUI. It fails silently.

So, I open the /etc/crontab file on my FreeNAS box to see what it is doing and try to replicate manually on the command line.

[rsync@freenas] ~ % /usr/bin/lockf -s -t 0 -k "/mnt/pool0/BACKUP_COPY/Postgresql" /usr/local/bin/rsync -r -t -z -e "ssh -p 22 -o BatchMode=yes -o StrictHostKeyChecking=yes" remote-user@remote.host:\""/"\" "/mnt/pool0/BACKUP_COPY/Postgresql"
rsync: change_dir "/to/my/real/remote/path//"" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1664) [Receiver=3.1.2]
rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

Seem like there is a double escaping on the remote path and this is being translated as a double slash on the remote host.

If I replace
by
it's working!

But I cannot just change the crontab manually, because the change would be eventually lost. How can I fix my problem using the web GUI?

Thank you!

D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

f4242

Explorer
Status
Not open for further replies.