RSYNC task broken after upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrodder

Dabbler
**edit**
So it does look like an issue with the spaces, after some testing. I really don't want to have to go change all my backup regimen to get rid of the spaces in the filename, has anyone else run into this? Since using the UNIX way of \ preceding the spaces doesn't work, I am at a loss.
**/end edit**

I have 3 RSync tasks configured to push directories from one freenas server to another. Originally both were 8.0.4, and upgraded them to 8.3.0 BETA. Only one of the 3 tasks still work, so I am guessing it might be a bug or some sort of pathing issue? I have tried deleting them and recreating, and get the same result. The failed tasks when cron runs, gives me this as output:

Code:
Oct 25 11:34:00 HERMES rsync: lockf: -: No such file or directory

The task that does work, pushes the folder "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/INCREMENTALS" to remote just fine. The two that don't work, have a path of "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/DAILY - MAIL - FULL" and "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/WEEKLY - FULL".

Maybe the new version doesn't like spaces in the directory? I have tried altering the path in the GUI to "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/WEEKLY\ -\ FULL" and get a different error of:

Code:
Oct 25 11:32:00 HERMES rsync: rsync: link_stat "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/DAILY\ -\ MAIL\ -\ FULL" failed: No such file or directory

which makes sense to me. Can anyone shed some light on why I am getting this lockfile error?

praecorloth

Contributor
It's odd that just using straight up quotes around your path doesn't work. But have you tried using just the escaping slash, rather than escaping slash with quotes?

/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/WEEKLY\ -\ FULL/

Give that a whirl and see what happens.

jrodder

Dabbler
I am curious how the GUI is handling the task creation, if it is truly inserting the quotes in the path or not. The quotes in the non-code text above, I put in the post myself. When I create the rysnc task in GUI, I hadn't tried using quotes there, just the escapes.

jrodder

Dabbler
No dice. I even tried with quotes in the GUI, and it will not accept it as a valid path. For now, I can just sync the entire backup directory, but for other customers this will be an issue, as I usually only rsync the incrementals over a WAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.