My Rsync not working .. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGenetic

Contributor
dear all,

i have 2 freenas box here , A & B .. i want to rsync folder on freenas A to Freenas B (as a backup), i follow the step from the manual guide here :

4.4.2 Configuring Rsync Module Mode Between Two FreeNAS® Systems
This configuration example will configure rsync module mode between the two following FreeNAS®
systems:
• 192.168.2.2 has existing data in /mnt/local/images. It will be the rsync client, meaning that an
rsync task needs to be defined. It will be referred to as PUSH.
• 192.168.2.6 has an existing volume named /mnt/remote. It will be the rsync server, meaning that
it will receive the contents of /mnt/local/images. An rsync module needs to be defined on this
system and the rsyncd service needs to be started. It will be referred to as PULL.
On PUSH, an rsync task is defined in System → Rsync Tasks → Add Rsync Task as shown in Figure
4.5b. In this example:
• the Path points to /usr/local/images, the directory to be copied
• the Remote Host points to 192.168.2.6, the IP address of the rsync server
• the Rsync Mode is Rsync module
• the Remote Module Name is backups; this will need to be defined on the rsync server
• the Direction is Push
• the rsync is scheduled to occur every 15 minutes
• the User is set to root so it has permission to write anywhere
• the Preserve Permissions checkbox is checked so that the original permissions are not
overwritten by the root user

But it's not working .. freenas A not copying anything to freenas B , what's wrong n why ?

anyone can help me ?

Thanks before ..

Regards,

D

dlavigne

Which version of FreeNAS? Anything related in /var/log/messages on either system?

Status
Not open for further replies.