RSYNC Excluding from file list in Rsyncd conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Bravo

Cadet
However i have been researching how to exclude files and folders from rsync tasks for the last 72 hours but havent been really successful, it would be great if it were included in the user guide/wiki or if it could be an integrated option in the GUI.;)

After a couple of hours googling i came across this post and tried to implement the exclude command in the Auxiliary parameters field of the global Rsyncd configuration but to no avail.:(

I stumbled upon another post with information on how to use exclude from = pathtotextfile.txt but i just cant seem to get it to work.:mad:

I am trying to set rsync tasks to Pull user profiles from 11 Windows machines running DeltaCopy Server and then configure ZFS periodic snapshot tasks for a backup solution. So far this has been working fine, although i would like to exclude certain file types like .DAT or NTUSER.DAT

My Exclusion file resides on the local ZFS Dataset (Receiving side) and is as follows:

Temp
Temporary Internet Files
NTUSER.DAT
NTUSER.DAT.LOG
*.dat
*.tmp
*.DAT.log
*.ost
*.pst

The command i typed under Auxiliary Parameters (Rsyncd Global Conf under services)is as follows:
exclude from = /mnt/Storage/User_Profiles/exclude.txt

Ive tried deleting the .DAT files from the receiving end and just as i start to get excited i click refresh and there they are again :confused:

I also read something about having to set: incoming chmod = ug=rwx,o= so that the files can continue to be accessed. The information wasn't clear and i dont know if this is really necessary.

Any clarification on this as well as a solution to excluding files and directories through a text file would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JaimieV

Guru
I've not tried using a text file, but
--exclude=/mnt/Volume1/Folder/ --exclude=/mnt/Volume1/Stuff/OtherFolder/SpecificFile.dat

in the Extra Options box works fine. So, looking at your quoted parameter above, perhaps the problem is syntax? It should be

--exclude-from=/mnt/Storage/User_Profiles/exclude.txt

with the --, -, and no spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.