RSYNC EXCLUDE FROM FILE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Bravo

Cadet
So I am trying to set rsync tasks to Pull user profiles from 11 Windows machines running DeltaCopy Server and then configure ZFS periodic snapshot tasks for a backup solution. So far this has been working fine, although i would like to exclude certain file types like .DAT or NTUSER.DAT as the buggers keep throwing rsync errors because they are busy plus i dont really want to be copying a load of temporary internet junk. I also want to exclude the outlook datafiles since some of them are 11GB i figured the ZFS snapshots would be huge for every difference in the .PST/.OST . We have office 365 so any failures is just a matter of reseting the profile and downloading the datafile again hence it is really important for me to get the buggers excluded as well!:p

My Exclusion file resides on the local ZFS Dataset (Receiving side) and is as follows:

Temp
Temporary Internet Files
NTUSER.DAT
NTUSER.DAT.LOG
*.dat
*.tmp
*.DAT.log
*.ost
*.pst

The command i typed under Auxiliary Parameters (Rsyncd Global Conf under services)is as follows:
exclude from = /mnt/Storage/User_Profiles/exclude.txt

Ive tried deleting the .DAT files from the receiving end and just as i start to get excited i click refresh and there they are again :confused:

I also read something about having to set: incoming chmod = ug=rwx,o= so that the files can continue to be accessed. The information wasn't clear and i dont know if this is really necessary.

Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.