Rsync error in scale

eleclin

Cadet
I switch from core to scale last week by using ISO upgrade last week. And the rsync push does work properly. I was fine when in core.
Here is the log:

sudo: unable to open /etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: error initializing audit plugin sudoers_audit

Even when I choose root as user it comes the same error. I checked the user I used can run sudo in shell.
May someone tell me how to fix it?

eleclin

Cadet
the error imformation is below

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 382, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 420, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1267, in nf
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1137, in nf
res = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/rsync.py", line 749, in run
raise CallError(msg)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] rsync command returned 1 - SYNTAX. Check logs for further information.

paxswill

Cadet
It looks like there's a bug when migrating from Core to Scale with ACLs (Jira issue). It's not a very long issue, but here's the check and fix from the issue (that also worked for me).
zfs get acltype
And if it's `nfsv4` change dataset acltype to posix:
zfs set acltype=posix boot-pool/ROOT/22.02-RC.1 (or whatever dataset name is) (or whatever dataset name is)

eleclin

Cadet
It looks like there's a bug when migrating from Core to Scale with ACLs (Jira issue). It's not a very long issue, but here's the check and fix from the issue (that also worked for me).
Thanks. My solution is to do a fresh install and then upload the configuration file. By the way, After a fresh install, a new problem occured after upload configuration file, the system was stucked at import zfs pool. After I searched the community, the solution is to disconnect the pool physically when booting, and import the pool in web ui.