Rsync doesn't progress past 2.8 TB

artlessknave

Wizard
replication uses the settings in system, ssh keypairs/connections for authentication

Thedriveguy

Explorer
Hmm, turns out my largest ZFS dataset that I RSync, (mostly video media, but music, photos & ebooks too), has only 17,230 files. It may be 2TB used, yet most of that is larger videos, like 1080p movies and some T.V. shows. The rest of the large files would be 480p videos.
Yeah I can see why it is a memory problem because I have around 40,000 files for about 22.3gb so I have around 717,488 files in just one dataset. Big Big Big Problem.

artlessknave

Wizard
in theory, you might be able to split your rsyncs up as different dirs....but that sounds annoying as hell.

Thedriveguy

Explorer
replication uses the settings in system, ssh keypairs/connections for authentication
I did set it up like that but for some reason I can set it up going from my remote server to the main, but I can't the other way around for some reason.

Thedriveguy

Explorer
I have been looking around other forum posts and it seems that the difference in versions of truenas include some bugs as said in this forum.

artlessknave

Wizard
oh. wait. there was an authentication change between 12 and 13. something about security. if you were to upgrade both to 13, that might go away.