'Reporting' gui page reporting jails that have been deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

anika200

Contributor
That solution is actually a bit overkill -- it removes all the graphs and everything starts from zero.
You can go to /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/ and selectively remove directories for only those graphs you want to get rid of. Also, no need to restart collectd and you also do not need to delete the .bz2 file -- it is created based on the current graphs on shutdown.

I am confused because this no longer works for me in freeNAS 9.2.
I have run the full nuke command and have tried your suggestion of deleting the individual directories and everything still appears in webgui reporting after several reboots and hours now.
Is there something new to configure or remove?

Dusan

Guru
I am confused because this no longer works for me in freeNAS 9.2.
I have run the full nuke command and have tried your suggestion of deleting the individual directories and everything still appears in webgui reporting after several reboots and hours now.
Is there something new to configure or remove?
Are you trying to remove an active graph or an old one for a resource that is not present anymore? This only works for old graphs, if you delete a folder for an active one, collectd will recreate it again.

anika200

Contributor
Are you trying to remove an active graph or an old one for a resource that is not present anymore? This only works for old graphs, if you delete a folder for an active one, collectd will recreate it again.

Ha :oops: for some reason I thought we were talking about hiding graphs we do not need or want.
I have actually used the instructions in this thread before though and it worked well then for the purpose it was intended.

meida

Cadet
I just deleted these unwanted graphs because they were no longer neccessay or in use.
For example:
rm -rf /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/df-mnt-jails*
and then
service collectd restart

Status
Not open for further replies.