Removed old jail dataset, deleted new jail dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraab

Dabbler
Here's the history with my box, my USB drive was corrupted and required me to rebuild all plugins and jails. In the past I had utilized this location "/mnt/SSD/jails" but since I have reinstalled and also needed to do so with my plugins and jails I have set /mnt/SSD/jails_2 as the new location for my jail under Jails -> Storage.

It has been a long week and I have finally finished configuring all plugins, now that everything is running well I thought I would remove the dataset for /mnt/SSD/jails, this is where is all went wrong...

Now all plugins are missing, I checked the directory "jails2" and only my jail for virtual box is left, where did everything go? I removed the folder "jails" and somehow everything inside of "jails2" was deleted...

TL;DR
Removed an old dataset for jails but it totally destroyed all new plugins and jails. One step forward, two back..

D

dlavigne

Which dataset is Jails -> Configuration pointing to? Does that dataset still exist?

kraab

Dabbler
In the config it is set as /mnt/SSD/jails_2 and the dataset still exists. I removed the previous dataset "/mnt/SSD/jails"

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Did you remove the dataset that contained the jail templates? If the jail templates were in /mnt/SSD/jails....then...uh.. yeah :)

maglin

Patron
I'm with DrKK. You didn't do it through the GUI? Think it gives you warning when you try to. It's a huge PITA to fix. It's easier to delete all jails and templates and template snapshots and start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kraab

Dabbler
I was unaware of jail templates, I guess I assumed since the configuration was pointing to the correct location that any other needed files would be in the correct spot. I have since reinstalled and configured the plugins.

Thank you for the help guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.