SOLVED Reporting database used size 2.67 GiB is larger than 1.01 GiB.

misaka

Cadet
I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 in pve, I have a raidz2 main zpool consisting of 4 16T drives (passthrough sata controller into TrueNAS), and a 50g ssd zpool for testing. 10G RAM, host CPU at j4125, working in host mode.

Today, after I started TrueNAS, I received warning "Reporting database used size 2.67 GiB is larger than 1.01 GiB.", After that, all my storage pools are offline and when I tried to start the nfs service it also failed. As well, the reporting page in WebUI does not show any data.

I tried to run
Code:
rm -rf /var/db/collectd/rrd/*
and reboot, then everything seems to be back to normal.

I would like to know if this is a bug or if I have some wrong settings? What should I do to avoid this from happening again

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 in pve, I have a raidz2 main zpool consisting of 4 16T drives (passthrough sata controller into TrueNAS), and a 50g ssd zpool for testing. 10G RAM, host CPU at j4125, working in host mode.

Today, after I started TrueNAS, I received warning "Reporting database used size 2.67 GiB is larger than 1.01 GiB.", After that, all my storage pools are offline and when I tried to start the nfs service it also failed. As well, the reporting page in WebUI does not show any data.

I tried to run
Code:
rm -rf /var/db/collectd/rrd/*
and reboot, then everything seems to be back to normal.

I would like to know if this is a bug or if I have some wrong settings? What should I do to avoid this from happening again
How much RAM.. 10GB seems unusual?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
My host has 16G RAM and has allocated 10G to TrueNAS (balloon=0)

There was a previous bug that was similar that was fixed.. related to quotas on datasets.

If it reappears, its worth reporting.

misaka

Cadet
There was a previous bug that was similar that was fixed.. related to quotas on datasets.

If it reappears, its worth reporting.
I solved the problem before by rm -rf /var/db/collectd/rrd/*, but today, a week later, the problem reappeared. After I restarted my pve host, I saw the same warning in TrueNAS and lost contact with all my zpool. Also, there is another warning "New ZFS version or feature flags are available for pool main. Upgrading pools is a one-time process that can prevent rolling the system back to an earlier TrueNAS version. It is recommended to read the TrueNAS release notes and confirm you need the new ZFS feature flags before upgrading a pool.".
This bug only seems to appear when I start TrueNAS for the first time after starting pve, and when I restart TrueNAS, all my zpool comes back.
I have now switched to TrueNAS Core and I will test it for a while to see if the same problem occurs.

Trevor68

Contributor
Getting the same message over and over here now too, running 22.02.04, is this fixed in Bluefin, maybe I should just upgrade?

misaka

Cadet
Getting the same message over and over here now too, running 22.02.04, is this fixed in Bluefin, maybe I should just upgrade?
Yes, it was fixed in the recent beta, but at the same time the new beta version still had a lot of various problems, and I finally migrated back to core

Trevor68

Contributor
I fixed this by cleaning up the DB size, looking at the bluefin RC bugs I think I will wait for release to update.

Revamp

Dabbler
Hello All, I have this same issue.

It appeared after a shutdown and restart, I noted before I did that, that all the help "?" icons to all settings did not pop up the help dialogs hence the restart to see if this was the issue and then this occurred in the alerts..

Reporting database used size 2.65 GiB is larger than 1 GiB. (as per attached screenshot)​

I havent set my pool yet so It might be to do with the fact that its written to the Nvme that the OS is installed on..

I dont know any help would be appreciated?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 15.41.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 15.41.33.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 78

Revamp

Dabbler
This is a fresh install 1 day old..

To add to the above none of my reporting systems are working, They are all (every section) just reporting a warnings of missing file and or directories. As per attached screen shot.

Don't know what to do here to fix it..

Any help would be very much apprciated..

TIA

Revamp

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 16.00.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 16.00.40.png
    489 KB · Views: 76

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello All, I have this same issue.

It appeared after a shutdown and restart, I noted before I did that, that all the help "?" icons to all settings did not pop up the help dialogs hence the restart to see if this was the issue and then this occurred in the alerts..

Reporting database used size 2.65 GiB is larger than 1 GiB. (as per attached screenshot)​

I havent set my pool yet so It might be to do with the fact that its written to the Nvme that the OS is installed on..

I dont know any help would be appreciated?

I'd suggest setting up pool first and making sure it has system dataset.

There have been several reports of this error but no bugs found... its likely to be a misconfiguration.

Revamp

Dabbler
Ok Ill clean the drives individually first then go and do that..

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.. :smile:

Revamp

Dabbler
I'd suggest setting up pool first and making sure it has system dataset.

There have been several reports of this error but no bugs found... its likely to be a misconfiguration.
Hello again,

So I have deleted all partitions on all 4 drives, restarted and now created a pool. Named it HDD pool..

Regards the above and that I'm on bluefin, I looked at the documentation on how the create a "system" dataset and couldn't find a coloration that matched the menu system. The only thing I have done is left the syslog server checked so it writes to the "system" dataset which I can't find anywhere unless it's under the bonnet.

I know how to create a dataset but this is the question how do I create a "system" dataset and assign it to or choose it to be used by the syslog system?

All I could find was the screenshot attached but as said before does not colorate to the menu system I have.

What to do for this final step would be much appreciated.

TIA

Revamp
Screenshot_20231001-220617.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello again,

So I have deleted all partitions on all 4 drives, restarted and now created a pool. Named it HDD pool..

Regards the above and that I'm on bluefin, I looked at the documentation on how the create a "system" dataset and couldn't find a coloration that matched the menu system. The only thing I have done is left the syslog server checked so it writes to the "system" dataset which I can't find anywhere unless it's under the bonnet.

I know how to create a dataset but this is the question how do I create a "system" dataset and assign it to or choose it to be used by the syslog system?

All I could find was the screenshot attached but as said before does not colorate to the menu system I have.

What to do for this final step would be much appreciated.

TIA

Revamp View attachment 70783

If there is one pool.. that is automaticaly selected for system dataset.

Revamp

Dabbler
Excellent..

Thank you very much for your input and time, the systems are up and running normally with all reports functioning again after the pool creation.. :smile: