New error I've never seen "database size (1.08 GB) is larger than 1 GiB."

oumpa31

Patron
WARNING
Reporting database size (1.08 GB) is larger than 1 GiB.
2021-07-03 11:47:14 (America/New_York)

I'm on TrueNAS-SCALE-21.06-BETA.1 and I've never seen this before my server is way over powered so I don't know what this means.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Its best to describe your physical system and the dataset setup. ... is there anything unusual?

It is only a warning.

oumpa31

Patron
Its best to describe your physical system and the dataset setup. ... is there anything unusual?

It is only a warning.
well it's a little different
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 24-Core Processor
128 Gigs ram
256 Gig nvme m.2 boot drive
Intell X540-T2 aggerated in lacp
LSI 9201-16e attached to (2) 24bay disk shelves
2.5" disk shelf
(3) 2tb ssd raidz App and VM pool
(6) 2tb ssd raidz Video editing pool
(7) 5tb HHD backup pool
(5) 2tb ssd raidz Camera pool
3.5" disk shelf
(12) 4tb drives raidz3
(12) 14tb drives raidz3
combined to make one giant main pool

1 ubuntu 20.04VM
1 windows 10 VM for my cameras
plex app

xTeVe app
Home Assistant app
Locast2Plex app Not working after Locast update for logging in
unifi app
and was gonna put Nextcould on there

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
@oumpa31 Its a good size system..... larger than the standard system we are testing SCALE with. For CORE/Enterprise, we are testing on large systems with many expansion shelves.

Because SCALE is only at BETA state, we may not have tested on larger systems and may have set this warning threshold too low. With SCALE 21.08 we will be testing on larger M-Series systems and may fine tune the settings then. Feel free to report a bug or wait for 21.08.

oumpa31

Patron
@oumpa31 Its a good size system..... larger than the standard system we are testing SCALE with. For CORE/Enterprise, we are testing on large systems with many expansion shelves.

Because SCALE is only at BETA state, we may not have tested on larger systems and may have set this warning threshold too low. With SCALE 21.08 we will be testing on larger M-Series systems and may fine tune the settings then. Feel free to report a bug or wait for 21.08.
Sounds good to me. I got a bit excited and after testing it out on a small test server for plex transcode with a p4000. Oh I forgot about that. lol. and found VM's were working well and found a work around for the ACL permissions I decided to deploy it on my main server. And so far its working just great I have the same transfer speeds for my main pool about 500mbps and a 1gig on my video editing SSD pool. I'll create a bug report so you guys have something start with for your bigger system settings. I Have a feeling Scale will be used for more Bigger systems because of the capability to have multiple servers reading the same data.

oumpa31

Patron
@morganL Bug has been reported. Glad I'm able to help kick the tires with a bigger system for this version of the OS. The ability of this version is the reason I was looking at Unraid but glad I stuck around for Scale.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
@morganL Bug has been reported. Glad I'm able to help kick the tires with a bigger system for this version of the OS. The ability of this version is the reason I was looking at Unraid but glad I stuck around for Scale.

Glad its working well for you. Can you put the Bug ID and Link in this thread... so anyone else can find it. Thanks

I got this alert today as well, but on plain old TrueNAS, not TrueNAS SCALE.

Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U4
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v4
MB: Supermicro X10SRH-cF
RAM: 96GB
Storage: main pool - 8 x 4TB WD Red in RAIDZ2
Storage: backup pool - 8 x 4TB WD Red in RAIDZ2
Storage: 2 offsite backup pools - 2 x 8TB WD Red in Stripe

The alert arrived shortly after mounting one of the offsite backup pools and starting an rsync task to refresh the backup on that pool. Of course the timing may be completely coincidental.

Last edited:

MelvinCheung

Cadet
Hi,
Has this issue ever been resolved?
I'm getting it starting a few days ago, after deleting a iSCSI share.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hi,
Has this issue ever been resolved?
I'm getting it starting a few days ago, after deleting a iSCSI share.

It's not a single bug, its a warning that there is more data that expected in the reporting database... which includes backups.

This seems to happen rarely (for various reasons). We're not prepared to turn off the warning, but there are manual steps to reduce the data if needed.

If we can find a (bug) reason for this excessiva data.. we would fix it if possible.