Replacing failed drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunhead

Dabbler
Hello

I am trying to replace a failed drive but according to the guide it appears I need to have the new drive and the old drive already connected and to pick the replacement from the faulty drive drop down menu . In my case this is not possible as I dont have any free sata ports available. There must be a different way to do this.

My question is: how can I replace the disk considering I cannot have the old and the new one connected at the same time?

Dusan

Guru
You don't need to have both drives connected at the same time. The old drive will appear in the list even if it is disconnected as ZFS still considers it a (disconnected) part of the pool until you replace it.

Gunhead

Dabbler
Thank you Dusan for clearing that up for me, the new drive was not there at first and that got me confused. But after a few reboots finally it showed up.

Gunhead

Dabbler
Quick lazy question: how do I see the re silvering progress? Can't seem to find something like that in the graphical interface? Is there a command line for that?

Jason Hamilton

Contributor
You can log into the server via the terminal or ssh. Once logged in type zpool status. This will show you how its going.

Status
Not open for further replies.