Replacing boot USB drives

Lorem-Ipsum

Dabbler
Hi All,

For the past few years I have been running FreeNAS and now TrueNAS on a 3 way mirror of USB drives.

I've read recently that it's inadvisable to continue doing this and so have bought 2 SSDs.

From what I can tell it no longer seems possible in the GUI to add additional drives to the boot mirror above 2.
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional?

In any case I detached two of the USB drives from the boot mirror and removed them from the system.
I have then attached the two SSDs and wiped them from the CLI with DD just in case.

I then attempted to attach the first to the boot pool in the GUI.
It's been over an hour now and the GUI still shows "Attaching Device" with no signs of whether any progress is being made or if anything is happening.
In a new tab, when logged into the TrueNAS UI I see two tasks, disk.wipe and boot.attach both at 0.00% but in a running state.

Does anybody know what wipe method is used when attaching a disk to the boot mirror and if it should be considered normal for it to take this long?
Is there any way of seeing whether progress is being made?

Thanks

tiberiusQ

Contributor
In this case I would do a clean install on the ssds.....Backup the data and config indeed.

Lorem-Ipsum

Dabbler
Thanks. That did the trick.

I'm kinda curious why the GUI method either didn't work or was taking so long but at least it's working and using the SSDs instead of the USB drives now.