Recycle bin working only if smb shares are accessed via IP

WVS

Cadet
Hi everyone,

Pretty much everything is in the title:
I configured SMB shares on my truenas with "export recycle bin" option checked.
If I access the share from windows with UNC path (\\truenas.local\share) and delete a file, there is no deleted file in .recycle
If I access the share from windows with ip (\\192.168.1.31\share) and delete a file, the deleted file appear in .recycle

any suggestions ?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi everyone,

Pretty much everything is in the title:
I configured SMB shares on my truenas with "export recycle bin" option checked.
If I access the share from windows with UNC path (\\truenas.local\share) and delete a file, there is no deleted file in .recycle
If I access the share from windows with ip (\\192.168.1.31\share) and delete a file, the deleted file appear in .recycle

any suggestions ?
Can you PM me a debug? The method of accessing server should have zero impact on recycling. Are you sure that you're accessing the same server in both cases? Perhaps also look at `smbstatus` output and make sure you're using the same account in both cases.

WVS

Cadet
Thanks for reply,
Actually it is weird, some of the files arrive in the rash, some don't, and 90% of them have a size equal to zero.
What part of debug do ypu need, there is a bunch of info and don't have time to check everything to offuscate sensitives data if there are ?