Recycle Bin only visible for specific User?

Tigermoeter

Cadet
Hello,

I am relatively new to TrueNas Core and I have question concerning the .recycle folder. I am using TrueNAS-12.0-U4 Version in a small office environment with 3 Users. I created all my datasets, user and SMB-shares and everything works fine for me during the last months.

Nevertheless I have a special requirement: The .recycle folder should only be visible and accessible to a specific user (i.e. "User 1"), other users ("User 2", "User 3") should not see or have access to that folder. We are getting an intern and I don’t want him to delete important files permanently.

Is there a way to do it?

Thx in Advance.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello,

I am relatively new to TrueNas Core and I have question concerning the .recycle folder. I am using TrueNAS-12.0-U4 Version in a small office environment with 3 Users. I created all my datasets, user and SMB-shares and everything works fine for me during the last months.

Nevertheless I have a special requirement: The .recycle folder should only be visible and accessible to a specific user (i.e. "User 1"), other users ("User 2", "User 3") should not see or have access to that folder. We are getting an intern and I don’t want him to delete important files permanently.

Is there a way to do it?

Thx in Advance.
Set up ZFS snapshot task on the dataset. They are read-only. The SMB recycle bin converts unlink operation to rename, and performs it as the user in question. What you want is not possible with current code base.