Radarr in a jail, thought I'd try it, CPU use (mono?) v.v.high?

diskdiddler

Wizard
Anyone else seeing this?

I have a fairly weak system but it will generally idle as low as 0.3 load - more like 0.5 to .06 but definitely under 1.0.
I followed a tutorial on setting up Radarr for fun (couchpotato is working, but it's got some niggle issues, thought I'd try the new hot thing)

I'm seeing a consistent 3.5 load average, all from Radarr.
If I run top on the main console for the system (not the jail) I get "mono-sgen" right up the top there in the high CPU use area.
Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?

eldo

Explorer
I recently had something similar happen with sonarr and radarr soon after install in an iocage jail the other day.

when I ran [h]top I noticed crazy high CPU usage. I manually restarted the services to no luck, but I found a stop/start of the jail itself fixed my issues.

Currently I've got one jail w/ sonarr, radarr, plex, and a few other goodies that's idling very low on the usage.

Try an iocage stop/start JAIL a time or two and see if that helps.

appliance

Explorer
#Mono2020 server fans screaming? time to restart jails.. it's mono o' clock.

drinking12many

Contributor
Yep, appliance is right... sometimes they just need a reboot. I will see my server sitting at 10-12% for no reason reboot the radarr, sonarr, and lidarr jails and it goes back to mostly idle. Wow this is old I wouldnt have responded had I noticed it was originally from 2018...lol

appliance

Explorer
old threads should be always used resurrected:) hate forums which close old threads. the threads are often relevant today.
yeah the utilization is ridiculously low overall with 10 jails running, when mono doesn't misbehave. i love this about freebsd/freenas.
but, after i scheduled the jail restart, i get unexpected system restart every day around that schedule. 11.3beta1.

jmcguire525

Explorer
Thank you for resurrecting it, I just ran into the same issue and may not have found this as easily if it didn't have recent comments.