Question on the Multi-report script output format

PhilD13

Patron
I am using the same version Multi-report script on two different machines and the emailed output from the two machines are very different in info provided and in how the email is formatted even though they are the same version of script and sent to the same email address. I compared the scripts and the spencer scripts between the two servers with notepad++ compare and other than different server names and minor path name differences everything setup and script wise is the same so I would think the email should look virtually the same as far as layout.

The major differences in machines would be one is a lot newer version of SuperMicro server, and the version of Scale that is being used on the two servers is different. Both machines have spinning rust as the majority of drives so both emailed reports should be showing that table section of the report.

Older machine running Scale 23.10.1 and Multi-Report v2.5
Multi-Report v2.5 dtd:2023-11-26 (TrueNAS Scale 23.10.1)
Report Run 20-Jan-2024 @ 00:00:01
Execution Time: 0 Minutes : 8 Seconds

This is the older model of Supermicro machine with the script version 2.5 and Scale version of (23.10.1). The email sent only shows the *ZPool/ZFS Status Report Summary table then displays the Multi-Report Text Section without ever showing the Spinning Rust Summary Report table section.

Newer machine running Scale 22.12.4.2 and Multi-Report v2.5
Multi-Report v2.5 dtd:2023-11-26 (TrueNAS Scale 22.12.4.2)
Report Run 20-Jan-2024 @ 00:00:03
Execution Time: 56 Seconds

This is the newer Supermicro server (one listed in my signature) that is running the older Bluefin Scale (22.12.4.2) but using the same version 2.5 of the script. This machine shows the *ZPool/ZFS Status Report Summary table then shows the Spinning Rust Summary Report table, then a SSD Summary Report, before displaying the Multi-Report Text Section.

Best I can tell this is not affecting anything, but I am curious if someone knows why the output would be so different between the two.

dak180

Patron
@joeschmuck would be the best one to weigh in on this, though I would be interested to see if you got substantially different results with my TrueNAS-Report script.

PhilD13

Patron
I have not tried your script. No reason, just never did then other matters like 2 QNAP servers both dying at the worst times a few months apart made it important to build replacements based on Truenas. I can see about giving it a try and let you know what the results are.

It is interesting that the @joeschmuck script outputs a similar formatted email result on the newer server as shown in your photo here or your script but not on the older server. It would be interesting to see if your script acts the same way on output between the two servers or differently. Maybe Cobia handles email generation way different than Bluefin and maybe not as well.