qbittorrent unable to upgrade past 12.1-RELEASE?

par

Explorer
All of my other plugins have upgraded to 12.2-RELEASE already. qbittorrent installed as a plugin is still on 12.1-RELEASE. If I try to run plugin update it fails. If I try to iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE it fails. If I install a new plugin of qbittorrent it is still 12.1-RELEASE.

I assume if this is a community plugin then it is maintained somewhere and it is simply not ready for 12.2 yet. Is that the case? If so, where is this information made available? I searched and cannot find a github repo, it's not in the truenas docs, I can't find anything. I'm interested in this because I want to know when the qbittorrent plugin can be updated to 12.2 yet there does not seem to be any relevant information published anywhere that I could find.

Please enlighten me.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You would be much better served installing qbittorrent in a standard jail. Create a standard jail and then run the following:

pkg upgrade
pkg install qbittorrent-nox
sysrc qbittorrent_enable="YES"
service qbittorrent-nox start

That's it and you now have a install of qbittorrent that's not dependent upon a plugin maintainer keeping a plugin up to date to stay current.

par

Explorer
Appreciate the info. Does not really answer my question though. The community qbittorrent plugin uses the latest version of qbittorrent v4.3.5 already which is the latest version. However it is the jail version 12.1-RELEASE that is not up to date. That is what I am trying to find out more information about.

That's it
What are the steps (from old plugin to new jail) to copy qbittorrent config, copy qbittorrent session, and copy jail mount points?

ThreeDee

Guru
Appreciate the info. Does not really answer my question though. The community qbittorrent plugin uses the latest version of qbittorrent v4.3.5 already which is the latest version. However it is the jail version 12.1-RELEASE that is not up to date. That is what I am trying to find out more information about.

What are the steps (from old plugin to new jail) to copy qbittorrent config, copy qbittorrent session, and copy jail mount points?
with plugin's .. you are stuck with the jail version .. that's why I stopped using the Plex plugin and UniFi controller plugin and install manually now.