Qbittorent: Migrating from windows 10 to Truenas Scale

vitesse

Cadet
I'm suprise no one has ever ask this quesiton. How can I migrate all my torrent from windows 10 to True Nas scale?

1. I have install the official Qbittorent apps,
  2. I have recreated all my categories and download locaiotn for each.
  3. I have used this script to migrate link from the BT_backup config on my old windows server
    1. https://github.com/AlexP11223/qBTConverter

But I can't find where the BT_backup folder is inside Truenas. Locate apear to not be install so I have no clue where to find it. Already searched a lot manually witch is not a good way of doing it.

Anyhelp would be apreciated. Sofar the suyem is running great and I do love the OS., Will eventually migrate to 2.5gbps coper NIC or 10gbps fiber link, but this is for another day

vitesse

Cadet
I finally found my solution (Can't seem to be able to edit my first post). Hopefully this will help other people transfering from windows to truenas

The folder locaiton is in

Code:
/mnt/pool/ix-applications/releases/qbittorent/volumes/ix_volumes/ix-qbittorent_config/qBittorrent/BT_backup  where pool is your dataset.

If you have problem, you can see log in

Code:
/mnt/pool/ix-applications/releases/qbittorent/volumes/ix_volumes/ix-qbittorent_config/qBittorrent/logs

I had persmission problem that I needed to solve

and I found a quicker way of editing categories you can edit a json file insted of recreating everything by hand. this is located in
Code:
/mnt/pool/ix-applications/releases/qbittorent/volumes/ix_volumes/ix-qbittorent_config/qBittorrent/

Now everything work.

ma_er233

Cadet
Same problem. However I'm using the TrueCharts version of qBittorrent and its recommended PVC storage for config files. The solution above don't apply to this situation. Some post on Reddit solved my problem, so I want to share it here as well.
In essence, PVC storage is not normally accessible. You need to first mount it to say /mnt/temp and then edit whatever you want in the BT_Backup directory. You can refer to this tutorial.

Also, the qBTConverter tool in the original post hasn't seen a update for a few years, There's a more active one: qbt_migrate.

Last edited: