py38-fail2ban :,py38-certbot : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_in

EmperorMurfy

Cadet
It's fairly simple.

1. Head to shell
2. Type cd .. to head to root directory
3. Type cd /mnt/YOUR_POOL_NAME/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ to navigate into our plugins folder
4. Type ls to see if nextcloud.json is there
5. Type vim nextcloud.json to edit the json file
6. Scroll down and change py38 to py39
7. Type :wq to save & exit the json file
8. Head back to plugins and install the nextcloud plugin

Video:
I did this but it didn't work for me at first. But then after a fresh start by deleting the pool, it worked.

EmperorMurfy

Cadet
I do have another problem. when I installed Nextcloud and went to click on manage, it took me to a google page that said page unsecure - your connection is not private so I couldn't access the nextcloud panel. I tried clicking advanced which usually would allow me to continue if I wanted to but now it just says connection scrambled and not working, please come back later.

dips

Cadet
Had the same issue with 13.1-RELEASE and the previous version 12 something.

My work around / fix is as follows:
  1. Open the plugin definition file: sudo nano /mnt/<mypool>/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json
  2. Replace "py38-fail2ban", with "py39-fail2ban", (line 22) and "py38-certbot", with "py39-certbot", (line 23)
  3. Put Nextcloud in maintenance mode (
    1. iocage console nextcloud
    2. su -m www -c occ maintenance:mode --on
    3. exit
  4. Now upgrading should work with: sudo iocage upgrade nextcloud
After the upgrade iocage list shows:
+-----+-----------+-------+--------------+------+
| 1 | nextcloud | up | 13.0-RELEASE | DHCP |

The Nextcloud WebUI shows version 24.0.2

Then, I had to do some adjustments (e.g. fix TLS certificates and configure nginx to Listen on IPv6). But these things have to be done after each upgrade...

Hopefully, this approach has no bad side effects or surprises

Mcphil

Cadet
Have the same problem on a fresh install of trunas 13.0-ui. Also can't create an account to make a ticket. I can sign in online to Jira but it won't verify me on the trunas support bug page

I am getting this came issue for two different plugins, tautulli and deluge, which are both python based. What would be the commands to fix these apps? thanks.

pinkpallyn

Cadet
Had the same issue with 13.1-RELEASE and the previous version 12 something.

My work around / fix is as follows:
  1. Open the plugin definition file: sudo nano /mnt/<mypool>/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json
  2. Replace "py38-fail2ban", with "py39-fail2ban", (line 22) and "py38-certbot", with "py39-certbot", (line 23)
  3. Put Nextcloud in maintenance mode (
    1. iocage console nextcloud
    2. su -m www -c occ maintenance:mode --on
    3. exit
  4. Now upgrading should work with: sudo iocage upgrade nextcloud
After the upgrade iocage list shows:
| 1 | nextcloud | up | 13.0-RELEASE | DHCP |

The Nextcloud WebUI shows version 24.0.2

Then, I had to do some adjustments (e.g. fix TLS certificates and configure nginx to Listen on IPv6). But these things have to be done after each upgrade...

Hopefully, this approach has no bad side effects or surprises
Thank you for this, I followed your steps and it worked for me as well!

asw2012

Contributor
I managed to get the problem resolved very easily. Log into shell for Truenas. change to the /mnt/POOL/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ file and edit the nextcloud.json file. I changed my from py38 to py39 and saved the edit. then just re-ran the update command on the plugins page
This worked. Thank you.

gwpotter

Dabbler
I just cannot insert the 9 in the file. How do you guys do that? I get the line --insert-- on the bottom and i cannot write :wq
Once you see insert use the arrow keys to put your cursor on the 8 and type 9, then arrow right over the dash and backspace to delete 8.
When you have changed both 38 to 39 hit esc, that takes you out of insert mode
arrow keys down until cursor is at the end and type :x
that saves the file
Run the update on the plugins page through Turenas
When mine finished is stated no update available for xxxxx
Launch nextcloud dashboard and click start update
DONE
Nextcloud 24.0.2 on TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1

DJOmega

Cadet
It's fairly simple.

1. Head to shell
2. Type cd .. to head to root directory
3. Type cd /mnt/YOUR_POOL_NAME/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/ to navigate into our plugins folder
4. Type ls to see if nextcloud.json is there
5. Type vim nextcloud.json to edit the json file
6. Scroll down and change py38 to py39
7. Type :wq to save & exit the json file
8. Head back to plugins and install the nextcloud plugin

Video:
Thank you SO MUCH for this! I just applied this same logic to the Tautulli plugin which was giving me the same issue. I updated the tautulli.json file and updated the two "py38" entries to "py39" and then went back and ran the plugin installer.

"Flawless victory!"

EsTaF

Contributor
Code:

cat /mnt/media1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json | grep artifact

"artifact": "https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-nextcloud.git",

Code:
cat /mnt/media1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json | grep py38

nothing

Code:

cat /mnt/media1/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/nextcloud.json | grep py39

"py39-fail2ban",

"py39-certbot"

on web ui:
"

Install​

Error: web01 had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - nextcloud-php74 :,php74-pecl-imagick-im7 :,php74-bcmath :,php74-gmp :,php74-pcntl :,php74-pecl-redis : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed"

Whenever I try to install nexrcloud I get this error
Error: Nextcloud had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py38-fail2ban :,py38-certbot : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed
CLOSE

please help
Just had the same issue when installing the grafana plugin.. turns out you can fix it by editing the plugins installer json so it will use a different release (12.3 works for me)